Why did you want a bulldog ?

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
When I was stationed in Japan we baby sat a bulldog named Clara and Kristana was just a baby (picture is below taken almost 9 years ago). We now have a friend that has a bulldog named Mickey and everytime we went to visit he played with Kristana non-stop until we left. Kristana has been fasinated with bulldogs since she was a baby. clara and Kristana.jpg Their loyalty, commitment, playful antics, and just the way they interact with all the family members had us hooked and knew we had to have a bulldog. Now we are owned by Amber and Ruby and that is just fine by all of us.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
My son started dating a girl that had a 3 y/o male bully, Bruzer...they dated
3 yrs and I babysat him when they went on wkend trips & once for an entire
week when they flew to Chicago. Bruzer is a great bully & just so handsome
but as most here know, it's their personality that gets you! I started researching
and started looking for a rescue/adopt situation and adopted my Brutus almost
8 months ago and tragically lost him in surgery in Jan/2012.

A week ago, I adopted Cami, a 5 y/o retired breeder, her family's circumstances
had changed & they liked that I'm disabled & home w/her. She's wonderful and
I'll be posting her pics this week & her introductory post.

We were blessed & fortunate to find Brutus and feel the same about Cami.

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
My bf and I had been talking about getting a dog but couldn't agree on a breed. I like little lap dogs that dont need long walks/runs every day, especially since we were in an apartment at the time. My bf preferred bif manly dogs, like a pitbull or boxer, but apartment life wouldn't have been fair to a larger more active dog. We both knew it also had to be a breed tolerant of children. I startes researching, came across bulldogs, and thought they were a good comprimise. The bf took a loooong timee to come around, but my obsessive compulsive research and begging eventually changed his mind. I partially can thank ebd news bc his final caving remark was "im mean ny god you are already in a forum with more information than we will ever need". And of course as soon as we FINALLY found Mack, thr bf fell in love. They are even more bonded with each other than Mack is with me! So I always jokingly call then traders :p

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Gemma

Mar 28, 2013
Southport, UK
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Archie
I love how they wiggle their butt when they are happy to see me!

yes isn't it fab! My bully has a cork screw tail and it looks so comical! I never really wanted one I was a cat person but my friend bred her bully and I just fell in love! Now nearly 2 years on and I'm just as obsessed as her! We love em!

shobbsie

Mar 28, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Two
First, I love smooshy faces. We had a boxer for nearly ten years. Five years ago my son got an Olde English Bulldogge. He travels a lot, so she comes to Grandma's house for visits. She is a wonderful dog. So...my husband and I decided on an English Bulldog. I know they are a responsibility as my son's OEB has many of the same issues (allergies, etc). It's taken me almost a year to get over losing Gimli (boxer), but I knew I was ready to open my heart again. I really, really, wanted to rescue. I contacted rescues in Oklahoma and Missouri (I live in north central Kansas), neither one would do a home check outside a two hour radius. I was contacting and checking out different breeders when I found Lucy. One of the breeders had a picture of Lucy on her website. Lucy had been returned to the breeder when the couple that bought her divorced. The breeder has a stipulation in the contract that the dogs aren't resold or given away. I fell in love with her pictures. Four days later we drove about 2 1/2 hours to meet her. We fell even more in love with her that day. She'll be 10 months old next Monday and we're seriously thinking of getting another EB in a year or so. I love everything about EB personality.

PeterPanAndWendy

Jul 27, 2011
Lindsey, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pan Cake
Pete wanted to get a bully when we first started dating, its all he talked about. He even had a bulldog tattoo. Well, I did all the research, looked into all the health problems, and found the breeder. I was convinced that I did NOT want a bulldog, because they had the chance of having so much go wrong.

But at the time we were just dating, living in separate houses. So for Valentine's Day I bought him HIS very own bully.

Well, needless to say, it wasn't his for long! I fell in love, now Pan is considered my baby because he likes me more than he likes Pete. I take him everywhere with me. As I type Pan has his head laying on my lap and his behind pressed firmly against Pete. In my house, Pan is MY cuddle buddy and I wouldn't have it any other way!

Mstngmxgy

Mar 23, 2013
Elk City, OK
Bulldog(s) Names
Grace
I can not wait I have always wanted an english bulldog, she comes home on Sunday. It's killing me I can't wait to post pictures and share her with you.

Hugo2012

Mar 19, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Hugo
yes isn't it fab! My bully has a cork screw tail and it looks so comical! I never really wanted one I was a cat person but my friend bred her bully and I just fell in love! Now nearly 2 years on and I'm just as obsessed as her! We love em!

Hugo's is a cork screw tail too but his is like a heart shaped button:) OMGosh.... I am an EBD ADDICT!!

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
I can not wait I have always wanted an english bulldog, she comes home on Sunday. It's killing me I can't wait to post pictures and share her with you.
Oh the agony of waiting. I remember it well.There is an EBN forum for puppy owners that is awesome. Take tons of pics. She will grow so fast. Looking forward to the pics when you get your baby bully girl.:2thumbs:

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I had a dog that passed away at 17-1/2 years old when she died I swore I would never own a dog again ... my son had dogs but they belonged to him and I helped him with them but never accepted them as mine. Well when I decided that I wanted a dog for myself I decided to go about it by researching what breed of dog would best fit into my life, I spent a year researching breeds and decided after A LOT of reading the bulldog would be the best fit, then I went about trying to find the right breeder ... it took a long time but I found the perfect breeders and that started my major obsession with bulldogs :)

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
I had a dog that passed away at 17-1/2 years old when she died I swore I would never own a dog again ... my son had dogs but they belonged to him and I helped him with them but never accepted them as mine. Well when I decided that I wanted a dog for myself I decided to go about it by researching what breed of dog would best fit into my life, I spent a year researching breeds and decided after A LOT of reading the bulldog would be the best fit, then I went about trying to find the right breeder ... it took a long time but I found the perfect breeders and that started my major obsession with bulldogs :)
Interesting. I had my dog for 17 years too and when she died I swore I would never go through the heartbreak again. But after I mixed my dog's ashes with my moms ( her request - she loved my dog) and scattered her ashes in my yard 6 years later I felt ready to let another dog into my heart. I always loved Bullies ever since my uncle had one. So now I had a job and could afford it so Miss Tallulah came into my life, and then baby Buster ( your fault- I caught MBS) :D

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
The only dog that ever won Bruce's heart as a kid/teen was a Bully that his friend's family owned. So when he retired and I'm still working I told him he needed someone to keep him company during the day and that we should get a dog. He said well if we are going to get a dog it has to be an EBD. So we started looking. Ultimately found HRH, and little did we both know we would learn that Bully's are ever so much more than Just a Dog! :heart:

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Interesting. I had my dog for 17 years too and when she died I swore I would never go through the heartbreak again. But after I mixed my dog's ashes with my moms ( her request - she loved my dog) and scattered her ashes in my yard 6 years later I felt ready to let another dog into my heart. I always loved Bullies ever since my uncle had one. So now I had a job and could afford it so Miss Tallulah came into my life, and then baby Buster ( your fault- I caught MBS) :D

I have Frostie's ashes and she will be spread with me when I pass, everyone in my family knows what my wishes are :) and whooops, did I forget to warn you that I'm a bad influence and I spread M.B.S. like it's a common cold :lol:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Nitschke was a Christmas gift to my boyfriend from me.... he had wanted one since he was about 10 years old, so in 2004 I gave him that wish. best gift I ever bought

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online