Real Name
    Leesa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel & Molly (R.I.P. Madison 12/2013)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Why did you want a bulldog ?

I had a dog that passed away at 17-1/2 years old when she died I swore I would never own a dog again ... my son had dogs but they belonged to him and I helped him with them but never accepted them as mine. Well when I decided that I wanted a dog for myself I decided to go about it by researching what breed of dog would best fit into my life, I spent a year researching breeds and decided after A LOT of reading the bulldog would be the best fit, then I went about trying to find the right breeder ... it took a long time but I found the perfect breeders and that started my major obsession with bulldogs
    I suffer from "M.B.S." (Multiple Bulldog Syndrome)
    because one bulldog is NEVER enough!!

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Sharon
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Miss Tallulah and Buster
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogs4me View Post
    I had a dog that passed away at 17-1/2 years old when she died I swore I would never own a dog again ... my son had dogs but they belonged to him and I helped him with them but never accepted them as mine. Well when I decided that I wanted a dog for myself I decided to go about it by researching what breed of dog would best fit into my life, I spent a year researching breeds and decided after A LOT of reading the bulldog would be the best fit, then I went about trying to find the right breeder ... it took a long time but I found the perfect breeders and that started my major obsession with bulldogs
    Interesting. I had my dog for 17 years too and when she died I swore I would never go through the heartbreak again. But after I mixed my dog's ashes with my moms ( her request - she loved my dog) and scattered her ashes in my yard 6 years later I felt ready to let another dog into my heart. I always loved Bullies ever since my uncle had one. So now I had a job and could afford it so Miss Tallulah came into my life, and then baby Buster ( your fault- I caught MBS)

“Happiness is a warm puppy.”
    Charles M. Schulz

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

The only dog that ever won Bruce's heart as a kid/teen was a Bully that his friend's family owned. So when he retired and I'm still working I told him he needed someone to keep him company during the day and that we should get a dog. He said well if we are going to get a dog it has to be an EBD. So we started looking. Ultimately found HRH, and little did we both know we would learn that Bully's are ever so much more than Just a Dog!

Crazy Bulldog Lady Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Leesa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel & Molly (R.I.P. Madison 12/2013)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tooleysmom View Post
    Interesting. I had my dog for 17 years too and when she died I swore I would never go through the heartbreak again. But after I mixed my dog's ashes with my moms ( her request - she loved my dog) and scattered her ashes in my yard 6 years later I felt ready to let another dog into my heart. I always loved Bullies ever since my uncle had one. So now I had a job and could afford it so Miss Tallulah came into my life, and then baby Buster ( your fault- I caught MBS)
    I have Frostie's ashes and she will be spread with me when I pass, everyone in my family knows what my wishes are and whooops, did I forget to warn you that I'm a bad influence and I spread M.B.S. like it's a common cold
    I suffer from "M.B.S." (Multiple Bulldog Syndrome)
    because one bulldog is NEVER enough!!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Nitschke was a Christmas gift to my boyfriend from me.... he had wanted one since he was about 10 years old, so in 2004 I gave him that wish. best gift I ever bought
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads