General question on over friendly 11 month old

hero4u

Jul 11, 2012
Palm Beach county Fl. ( Delray Beach)
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
Hello everyone, I have an 11 month old ebd and he is a true joy to have but I am wondering why is he so friendly with every person. dog, he see's ? I don't know maybe I should be grateful. he has a great temperment but at times ( all the time really) when we are outside and others here are around with their dogs. He strains the leash and wants to greet them. be patted. loves the attention.. I don't know but sometimes it seems he would leave with strangers and this worries me.. Maybe it is part of being a puppy and this will pass as he ages? I give him tons of attention. I am retired so I spend a lot of time with him. I play with him ,take him outdoors many times a day. not just to pee and poop but we walk and I throw a stick. ball. frisbe and he loves to chase them and me and play but this over friendliness with anyone kind of scares me. Of course everyone where I live loves " Buddy " he is a star around here ( I live in a condo with many others have dogs) Is this normal bullie behavior and will it pass ? Thanks

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I think it's part of being young yet, and him being a social butterfly can be bad if given the chance to leave with someone. Lots of bully's are like that. Perhaps a bit more training with leash control is in order.

Heff102

I will show you my thingy if you show me yours!
Community Veteran
Jul 7, 2012
Humboldt, SK
Bulldog(s) Names
Lulu
Lulu is the same way....she would go with anyone!

Wait that dont sound good does it?

hahahahaha

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Our Buster is 11 months old too and acts the exact same way. We just went to a giant Easter gathering today and he thought that everyone there human and dogs were there just for him.

I think they are just little balls of Love, kind of hope he doesn't grow out of it. :heartsign:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
yes lots of bully's are like this, happy to just be with anyone, a bit scary
:pouting: if you ask me

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
I have the exact same problem with Luca Brasi. At 7 months old he is already a nieborhood celebrity which I love but the down side is he will choke himself out cold tugging on his leash to get to people just to say hello and get the attention he wants. In tryin to break him of this bad habit before he does permanent danger to his neck or throat. I guess it's better than having anti social dog. They are just love machines.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Oh be greatfull! :up: Wilson is that way too. Emma on the other hand, well she was the shy one of her litter and does not like other dogs initially when she is out of her environment. Just today at the vet's office another dog came in and oh man you'd thought she was challenging it to a fight.

There was another gorgeous bully in there when I was checking out and OMG she was so friendly to another lady waiting, it was beautiful. :love:

luseaann

Oct 3, 2011
Long Island, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Liz and Amy
It can be scary how friendly they are. I am afraid they will go off with just anyone. That is why it is so disconcerting that they absolutely hate our neighbor across the street. They bark and growl and try to jump over the fence. Very strange behavior indeed. The ladies love his children. They run along the outside of the fence with the ladies on the inside. Great fun for all!

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
It can be scary how friendly they are. I am afraid they will go off with just anyone. That is why it is so disconcerting that they absolutely hate our neighbor across the street. They bark and growl and try to jump over the fence. Very strange behavior indeed. The ladies love his children. They run along the outside of the fence with the ladies on the inside. Great fun for all!
The breeder of my bullmastiffs once told me to always trust my dog's instincts. She said they can read things in people that we can't see. There may be something about your neighbor that they sense. I know​ Mabel would go with anyone and it scares the heck out of me! She absolutely loves everyone she meets. She would be an easy target for thieves.

OP
H

hero4u

Jul 11, 2012
Palm Beach county Fl. ( Delray Beach)
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
Thanks everyone. I was wondering if this was a common trait or if he was just being a puppy and might grow out of it. He has a great temperment but can be so easily distracted. Appreciate the feedback.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.