What is a good size travel kennel to buy?

Amos1027

Mar 29, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
Hi everyone, have already purchased Lucy's kennel for inside the house but if we take her somewhere to visit relatives she will need a travel one that she can sleep in while she is with us. I am unsure of what size would be appropriate that she could possibly grow into as an adult. Any help would be appreciated very much.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
My 2 English Bulldogs are too strong for travel kennels. They're even too strong for the plastic non-travel ones. Bullie, especially. She can just ram right through the gate and pop the metal off the plastic.

When we travel, we fold up and take their regular metal kennels with us.

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
But a Kennel that is collapsible, with the divider in it, that way you can use it now, and it can 'expand' with her, and then when you travel (by car I am thinking) you can fold it down and have it with you :) no need for multiple kennels this way :)

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
But a Kennel that is collapsible, with the divider in it, that way you can use it now, and it can 'expand' with her, and then when you travel (by car I am thinking) you can fold it down and have it with you :) no need for multiple kennels this way :)

Excellent idea! We always travel with a collapsible crate, but the divider crate was what we used when our dogs were younger.

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Aubie has a Petnation Port-A-Crate for going to work with me or going on trips:

crate.jpg

It has a soft but durable bottom. They call it a "no-fabric" crate, its like a mix of canvas and something... but Aubie's clawed it to death and it barely even has scratches. The door and windows are mesh and it has a front door and a top door (which of course we don't use with a 45lb bully!). It folds down and has a carrying handle. We got it because we were taking her on a trip and didn't want a heavy metal crate to carry, and this one was light and easy to carry. It's easy to put up and take down too- you unfold the sides and interlock a metal pole on each side and it's good to go. I think Aubie has either the large or extra large size, we got it off of Amazon.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Aubie has a Petnation Port-A-Crate for going to work with me or going on trips:

View attachment 39976

It has a soft but durable bottom. They call it a "no-fabric" crate, its like a mix of canvas and something... but Aubie's clawed it to death and it barely even has scratches. The door and windows are mesh and it has a front door and a top door (which of course we don't use with a 45lb bully!). It folds down and has a carrying handle. We got it because we were taking her on a trip and didn't want a heavy metal crate to carry, and this one was light and easy to carry. It's easy to put up and take down too- you unfold the sides and interlock a metal pole on each side and it's good to go. I think Aubie has either the large or extra large size, we got it off of Amazon.

Really glad you posted this. We're going away this summer, and I also wasn't thrilled about taking Blue's metal crate with us.
Just ordered it on Amazon.
Thanks for sharing.

OP
A

Amos1027

Mar 29, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
Thank yall so much for the help. This will help tremendously.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.