Angus - The Therapy Dog..... Backfired.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
I posted a while ago about how my Gizmo, my bichon frise, seem to have gotten over his extreme separation anxiety problems when he started playing with a more calm Angus, the English Bulldog.

Well... today... it backfired.

We're babysitting the classroom bunny for Spring Break. I gave the bunny some playtime out in the backyard and since my English Bulldogs think the bunny is a chew toy and they don't like it when I'm outside and they're not, I put them in their crates. I took Gizmo with me in the backyard because he doesn't really care much for the bunny and Gizmo always wants to be with me... well, strange thing happened. Gizmo went psychotic trying to get back in the house! I mean... I was right there! And that didn't matter! He wanted back in the house so he can be with Angus.

I'm quite depressed right now. I'm not Gizmo's number 1 pack friend anymore. :(

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Big bad mean ol' bunny was going to get him. :)

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
AWWWW! So sorry you're not Gizmo's #1! Hey at least Gizmo can be left alone now---with Angus!

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
He knew Angus could protect him from a possible killer rabbit. I think it was Potus Carter who was attacked by a rabbit once

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
must be them big ole buck teef :eek:

OP
anatess

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Okay, this is embarassing... you can see how Gizmo is desperately needing a bath. LOL. He's supposed to be as white as the bunny.

1364567474_zpse7c7c520.jpg

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
He's got a bulldog for a best friend for heavens sake.... You cant expect 'bunny white' with a bully buddy!!!!! :laugh:

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
He's got a bulldog for a best friend for heavens sake.... You cant expect 'bunny white' with a bully buddy!!!!! :laugh:

Nope! Not with bully slobber. It's stout stuff! I can't believe the places I am finding slobber in my house! And I thought the bullmastiffs were bad!

OP
anatess

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names

Nope! Not with bully slobber. It's stout stuff! I can't believe the places I am finding slobber in my house! And I thought the bullmastiffs were bad!

That is soooo true. See his "floor mop" dreds? That usually doesn't appear with the daily brushing. But, when we got Angus, by sundown, he gets the dreds from the dirt sticking to bulldog slobber.

And now that we're doing PMR, the hair around his mouth is turning beige. And yes, his groomer thinks I abuse my dog. I've been trying to get the groomer to rescue an English Bulldog. Interestingly, she does not have a single English Bulldog that goes to her grooming place!

So yeah Bruce... have you done a Daily Poll on who sends their bulldog to a groomer?

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
I thought for sure something terrible was going to happen to Mr. Bunny. So glad nothing did!!

Aw, Angus really is his therapy dog! Also, if the anxiety is a big issue, there are lots of methods to help! Thundershirts, pheromone collars, even anxiety medication!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.