Total Bulldog Randomness

Mar 19, 2013
Country
Good old US of A
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman(RIP) & Jenkins
So I had 4 or 5 days to prep for Norm. going into this, I had no idea of all the possible medical issues with bulldogs, etc. So I wanted to find the best food that was readily available at a grocery store. I found dogfoodadvisor.com. Lots of info. Felt good about Newman's Own Organic. And for any other dog, I'm sure it would have been fine. Now he's switched over to it and I think it's making his eyes run. Which brings me to my next comment/question....When i got him, he'd been on Beneful for a week and before that I have no idea because it was a neglect situation he was taken from. Why would he be better eye-wise on Beneful vs Newmans? Would it be because in the Newman's chicken is the main ingredient and it's not in Beneful?
Per my junior cultmember post, we did order Fromm from Petflow. I picked the Pork and applesauce, not realizing that it too, still has chicken. :mad: (ok so I tried to save a little bit of $$$ :ashamed:) So next petflow order will be for Beef Fritata...
I am just insanely curious about where Norm came from and how he came to be neglected in someone's yard. He's been someone's baby at some point. He's been housetrained, knows his name, and is just so sweet and fun and playful. Anyone ever use a pet psychic???:D
I totally wonder what they would say.
Is there a super indestructible toy that squeaks? Norm LOVES LOVES LOVES toys that squeak but they don't last long at all.
ok thanks for reading my randomess.

Last edited by a moderator:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Well welcome to the site and looking forward in seeing pics of your baby. Food choice is always a challenge. FROMM is a good food and Hopefully he will do good on the beef fritata. I often wonder the same thing as to why people neglect or abandon these wonderful bullies. As far as toys go, Kong makes some good toys and the have a couple squeaky toy that should last awhile. Here is an article for dog food rating.

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/content.php?r=219-Dog-Food-Ratings&

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
This is a great site for learning about dog nutrition and the foods that are out there. http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/ I represent a line of food, but it's chicken-based. :( My other dogs thrived on it and they had horrible allergies, but we don't think Mabel tolerates it and have switched to Fromm. The jury is still out. :pray: Before I switch foods, I always check this site to learn about recalls and to check out their ingredients. :reading:

Last edited:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
The watery eyes could very well be seasonal allergies, I know mine have been acting up lately and I don't even really have any allergy issues, So it's gotta be bad out there.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online