bull dog tails

bigrod48

Jan 7, 2013
NEW YORK
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson
If a bulldog puppy is born without a tail is that a good thing . The vet said he is healthy

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Bulldog pups do have tails but they are small. Some are straight, some are curly or cork screwed, and some are just a button.

Last edited:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
They all have a tail ...... just some are virtually non-existent and if the vet says it's ok then I'm sure he's fine.

I often get asked if bullies have their tails docked, and the answer is no, they just come in all shapes and sizes.

My angel, Maggie, and Bella ..... think more stubs than tail!!

Linus looks like somebody took a "?" .. removed the dot on the end and just stuck the rest of it on his butt.

Daddy has a tail like a cinnamon roll!!!

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
We just adopted a senior bulldog who has no tail, she just has a hole that is surrounded by fur. We have to clean it every night because it collect a lot of bacteria and gets really dirty quick! When we first got her she was scooting because it was itching her so bad, it was a mess the first time we cleaned it! And my other EB has a cinnamon roll that we have to clean every night, the end of his tail points into the side of him so it is very uncomfortable for him. Our vet recommended we make an appointment with a vet in a nearby hospital who performs a tail amputation to see if Gio will need his removed!

Most Reactions