EBN, a place of refuge.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Yes for me EBN is a place of sanity to dialogue with other "nutty" dog lovers and bulldog fanciers. On my one hour ride from work, if I listen to the radio, TV news, and even a quick visit to fb and one is inundated with stories of the insanity of humanity in this world we live in. I won't, refer to any particular news story, because its a daily digest and I'm sure you know of which I speak. Even at work, the unnecessary drama and jockeying for position and lack of straight forwardness can be frustrating. It's another reason I decided months ago to acquire another dog, a bulldog in particular, instead of waiting for some magical moment when I could have more time, to enjoy such a companion. I decided for myself that there would be no perfect time and there is certainly no guarantee that it would ever arrive or that I would be here to enjoy it.
A dog is some sanity in an insane world. Where everything is as is obvious. Where devotion is real, where affection is genuine, where there is no hidden agenda or blame making. Yes for me a dog among other things reminds me of what is truly important. Your beloved dog offers freely and unconditonally many of those things we cherish most in this life. It's utter simplicity is centering and grounding. When he/she is hungry they want to eat and let it be known, when sleepy they sleep, when playful they play or want to, when desiring affection they seek it, every desire and natural urge is expressed without shame or pretension.
And EBN is a refuge for other "nutty" people like myself, where you can come and dialogue and find like minded people who have also realized this treasure. Some may come to a forum such as this and think these people are too eccentric, too obsessed but a quick look around you at this world and you realize to the insane, meaning and sanity appears odd.

Last edited:

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
interesting post. I'm certainly glad I'm here, amongst "my people" who are crazy about their furbabies.

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
Very well said! EBN has definitely been a comfort to me to see that I am not alone in the ups and downs I've had with Tubby & to know there are plenty of others who share such a passion and love for bulldogs as I do

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I loved reading your post!

You mean we are not sane? :loco: I'm glad to know so many others are as crazy about bullies as I am! That's why I love you all!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Yap, your in the right place, as we all are crazy for our bullies.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Love this!!! However, you are wrong .... the nutty and insane people are out there ... the sane ones are in here. We are blessed because we've been touched by a bully!!! :yes:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
It's always interesting to me how "water seeks its own level". If that means, we're nuts..then so be it. Kindred souls...Bully Love...although I must admit, aLL my critters bring solace to my world. :)

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I am glad I am part of the nutty crazy place, with all the other nutters on here then :2thumbs:
egghunt3.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Nothing better than bully love and those who share that live

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.