ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Last weekend we found a mass under one of Mabel's nipples. Again I thought that I was over my head with the care this dog requires. :nope: We made an appointment with the bulldog vet and just got back a little while ago. He was able to aspirate it and pulled out some really foul-looking fluid. When he looked at it under a microscope, it was white blood cells and bacteria. It turns out it's just a cyst that has abscessed! We are so relieved that there were no cancerous or pre-cancerous cells and that it can be treated with antibiotics! I had no idea how much I was worrying until he said it was an infection. :whew:After we saw the vet, we carefully tested her with another dog--a Shih Tsu (?). She was unimpressed, but did try to grab the dog's tail when the lady picked her up. Oops! We treated Mabel to a visit to Chowhound, where we picked up some Fromm's and tried to entice her with a toy. She was totally disinterested until she discovered, and almost destroyed the Kong display. We'll try a Kong and see if she "gets it." She had fun at the store, met some new people friends, and didn't want to leave.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
What a relief and some great news!!:D

Kong's are great! the boys have a few of them and love them as well. Give Mabel a big kiss and hug from us!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:whew:

Amazing how quickly they grab our hearts..soooooo happy it was minor.. Chris...keep on trying with the toys...sometimes it takes awhile.. :D

truffle shuffle

Dec 23, 2012
DC area
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk
SO glad that Mabel only had a minor irritation!!! Mr Chunks can be picky about his toys too, but he LOVES his Kongs, esp. if they have treats inside!! :)

rksuski

Jul 2, 2012
Madison, Wi
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
Yeah! Great news! We put peanutbutter in Guinness' kong and freeze it....keeps him busy for awhile. I've also frozen pumpkin in there and yogurt on occasion. He also loves his treat ball. Does Mabel have one of those?

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
Yippee, we are doing a happy dance over here! Great news, whew! I love that she almost took out the Kong display, picturing it in my head - TOO FUNNY.
My boxer and Momo love(d) their kongs. So glad she's outta the woods. Thanks for the update.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So happy she just had an infection. Plus sounds like she had fun at the store. Our bullies like Kongs too.

OP
ChrisRN

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Thanks, guys! We put some stuffing in the Kong and she loved it, but couldn't figure out how to stabilize it enough to get the filling out. I had to hold it for her. :rolleyes:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Phew!!! I am sure I will be prematurely grey from these fur-kids!!!! Yes try a Kong .. only because you can fill them full of yummy stuff!!! Daddy, in paticular, will chew on his and make a squeaky noise...then when you look closely it can't really be described as "chewing" .. it's more like he's mouthing it and he can fall asleep doing that!!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
So happy to hear it was nothing too nasty and Mabel is on the road to recovery.

Kongs Ftse loves his with peanut butter inside.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
GREAT news. What a relief, huh?

Frozen peanut butter filled kongs are a summertime favorite here.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Great news, Chris. Mable's one of my fav pups on here. The girl deserves a break.
Blue also loves his Kong toys. Currently it's the Kong Cozies or Kong Squiggles. As long as they squeak, he's into it.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.