Today was great...(hint: jackhammers)

Momma2Bullies

Aug 2, 2012
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Layla and Wilbur
:crazy:
So today was interesting. My neighbours are apparently replacing their furnace + switching to natural gas. Read: backhoes, jackhammers, phone and hydro works, and a crew of 12.

Wilbur and Layla simultaneously declared THE END OF THE WORLD IS HERE and have freaked out, barking, baying (yes like a hound!) and running around like banshees all day. I feel bad that they have been so stressed all day....i have been annoyed and needless to say I got zero work done today, but poor doggies don't understand all the ruckus :(.

The great news is that the work crew is back all day tomorrow!:blink: (Oh and the heavy equipment blocks my driveway just for fun, AND the lawn is destroyed)

Here is a photo of my utopia minutes before this all started. My poor babies!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
Gosh. The neighbors didn't have the curtesy to atleast warn you that all this was going to happen? Not that you could've done much to prepare for it but I think a little heads up would've been nice....
You have a beautiful back yard! I hope the ruckus ends soon...sorry the babes are upset!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Hopefully it won't take too many days for them to finish.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I love your outside area, and those two bullies.

Another headache :cursing:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Poor babies, they think the big bad monster is coming to get them.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
That sounds like no fun, at all. Similar thing happened over the weekend a couple wks ago. My next door neighbor moved so she had some workers hauling and tearing stuff down in her backyard. Finn and Tate were also beside themselves b/c of all the chaos going on. I was sitting outside w/them, trying to relax w/my music and the sun, but we ended up packing it up and heading indoors b/c of all the racket.

Maybe tomorrow you can take Wilbur and Layla out, tho i know that can be an inconvenience as well.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I can't imagine the noise! Between the jack-hammers and the dogs, you must have thought you were losing your mind--or your hearing!!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I can't imagine how that would have been ... I know how much mine bark like crazy if they think a leaf landed on the patio a bit too heavily!!!

I would suggest a nice car ride tomorrow ... one that takes at least a couple of hours!! :blink:

OP
Momma2Bullies

Momma2Bullies

Aug 2, 2012
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Layla and Wilbur
Thanks all!! I hope today goes better as well...so far there is no crew yet, my BF said it looked like everything was drilled so is it possible they're done???!
Right now the dogs are snoring! hahahaha!

And thanks for the backyard compliments! That's our new deck (built last summer, also a grand time for the dogs), and I can't wait for the mucky, dirty, messy snow to melt! :christmas13:

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I hear you about the dirty snow [MENTION=5605]Momma2Bullies[/MENTION]! I never thought I'd be so ready for it to melt! Mabel has spent a lot of time in the sun on the deck the last couple of days.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
the only bad thing with all the snow melting, is now I can see all the dog bombs (:poo:)that were buried under the snow. Someone (read, not me) needs to go out there and clean them up but I've been told over and over again "that it's not my job (read, said by the kids and husband) and "they're your dogs, you wanted them". :bitching:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Your post made me laugh out loud.

I'm grateful that Bulldog Armageddon is over now and the neighbor's furnace is installed! LOL

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.