what to do for 4 days?

nikedunks00

Feb 21, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
chunk
so i placed my order from petflow for my fromm puppy food for some reason they shipped it to the billing address instead of the shipping address witch are different. so was it looks like it wont get here till maybe Friday or Saturday
the thing is im running really low n the bag i have my question is should i just buy a 4 pound bag of some other type of dog food to hold him off? not sure what other options i have, and i don't want to transition him to this new food and then back to fromm i would think thats bad for his tummy any help would be appreciated thanks.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I assume you have him on FROMM now? Have you checked with other stores around your area, maybe a feed store? Some carry FROMM. Some of our feed stores carry it and that's where I buy mine from.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
if you can't find any Fromm, you could always do home cooking. Hamburger or chicken, rice, beans, veggies, a little butter and water to tide him over. My boys love this and sometimes I make some just for a topper on their food for a treat.

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
I forgot to order a new bag when I was running low a few months ago so just fed them the Bland Diet, they love it! Boiled hamburger and white rice or pasta, and sometimes I would add green beans or peas!

OP
N

nikedunks00

Feb 21, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
chunk
so i am going to do the bland diet at least till it comes in i will use chicken breast,white rice, and cottage cheese. question is which type of do i use? meaning specific type of chicken,rice,and cottage cheese first time doing this bland diet so want to make sure i do it correctly.

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
I would use cooked, boneless chicken. It doesn't matter what cut- just be sure all the little bones are out of it. White rice, boiled- I like to use the boil in bag rice. I can't cook regular rice on a stovetop to save my life. Brown rice is alright, but don't get any of the fancy precooked stuffs.

Cottage cheese, just a dollop of it on top. Personally I prefer plain unsweetened yogurt, but that's just me. When we feed Winston bland diet, we don't add anything beyond the chicken and rice but we do it because his tummy gets upset on rare occasion.

OP
N

nikedunks00

Feb 21, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
chunk
also how much of that food do i actually feed him i usually feed him 1 1/2 cup twice a day. how much of the bland diet food do i feed him then same amount?

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
if you can't find any Fromm, you could always do home cooking. Hamburger or chicken, rice, beans, veggies, a little butter and water to tide him over. My boys love this and sometimes I make some just for a topper on their food for a treat.

I may do this tomorrow. I think Miss Mabes would like some real food!

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
[MENTION=8216]nikedunks00[/MENTION] I would do 3/4 cup chicken with 3/4 cup rice and a spoonful of the cottage cheese twice a day, if he seems hungry then maybe add a tiny more of the rice and chicken the next feeding. Sometimes my guys seem hungrier on the bland diet so I just add a tiny bit more and they are usually fine.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.