Advice on Seaflex.....

Jan 31, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno & Gidget
I'm re-posting the post below as I originally posted on the Health Forum but didn't get much of a response..........

Hi everyone,

Can someone please advise on this product: Seaflex for dogs

I have been giving this product to my bully's for a couple of months and their coats feel amazing and they love the taste. Great for joint health too. Our Bruno has had luxating patella surgery and hip replacement surgery (all on the one side) so we wanted to put him on some sort of joint strengthening program. Gidget is made of tougher stuff, more preventative for her.

I'm on a mission to rid their tear stains. I have read here that chicken can cause water eyes so I will eliminate all raw chicken from their diet. The only thing is one of the ingredients in seaflex is chicken! I should add, my bully's don't have any yeasty symptoms. They're not itchy at all, they just have watery eyes.

Like all of us on here, we want our babies to flourish. I've just purchased 3 months worth of this seaflex for my kids. It's not cheap either. $35.00 for 30 sticks - each baby gets almost 3/4 of a stick per day. I'm interested to hear feedback from the experts.

To add to all of this, Bruno started to limp on the weekend. We took him straight to the vet. He's on anti-inflammatory's for 4 days, rest and we'll review and x-ray if necessary. He seemed to improve on Sunday but it's concerning nonetheless. The surgeon who did his hip replacement did say that the other hip needed to be replaced as well. We decided to leave it and if Bruno presented with problems, we'd get it done. To be honest, it's very hard to tell which leg/hip is causing him problems as it seems to switch. I'm waffling now but I can't tell and neither could the vet. I'm just praying that it's not the left side which is where all the surgery has occurred.

Love to hear from anyone re the seaflex question though.

Also, I would like to say what a great bunch of people are on here. I love reading everyone's posts/pics/questions. My partner thinks I'm mad because I come home telling him all this factual stuff I read. Let's face it, we're all just a tiny bit obsessed! hahahah:)

My life changed when I became a bully mamma......for the better!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I'm re-posting the post below as I originally posted on the Health Forum but didn't get much of a response..........

Hi everyone,

Can someone please advise on this product: Seaflex for dogs

I have been giving this product to my bully's for a couple of months and their coats feel amazing and they love the taste. Great for joint health too. Our Bruno has had luxating patella surgery and hip replacement surgery (all on the one side) so we wanted to put him on some sort of joint strengthening program. Gidget is made of tougher stuff, more preventative for her.

I'm on a mission to rid their tear stains. I have read here that chicken can cause water eyes so I will eliminate all raw chicken from their diet. The only thing is one of the ingredients in seaflex is chicken! I should add, my bully's don't have any yeasty symptoms. They're not itchy at all, they just have watery eyes.

Like all of us on here, we want our babies to flourish. I've just purchased 3 months worth of this seaflex for my kids. It's not cheap either. $35.00 for 30 sticks - each baby gets almost 3/4 of a stick per day. I'm interested to hear feedback from the experts.

To add to all of this, Bruno started to limp on the weekend. We took him straight to the vet. He's on anti-inflammatory's for 4 days, rest and we'll review and x-ray if necessary. He seemed to improve on Sunday but it's concerning nonetheless. The surgeon who did his hip replacement did say that the other hip needed to be replaced as well. We decided to leave it and if Bruno presented with problems, we'd get it done. To be honest, it's very hard to tell which leg/hip is causing him problems as it seems to switch. I'm waffling now but I can't tell and neither could the vet. I'm just praying that it's not the left side which is where all the surgery has occurred.

Love to hear from anyone re the seaflex question though.

Also, I would like to say what a great bunch of people are on here. I love reading everyone's posts/pics/questions. My partner thinks I'm mad because I come home telling him all this factual stuff I read. Let's face it, we're all just a tiny bit obsessed! hahahah:)

My life changed when I became a bully mamma......for the better!

I am sorry that I cant help you with the seaflex question,
but I totally agree with you my life has also changed for the better since I became a Bullie mumma to Ftse
:2thumbs:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Seaflex seems to be an Australian product. I give my bullies a chondroitin/glucosamine supplement as well made w/liver meal. I hope your Bruno's hip will heal and strengthen with time. Glad the Seaflex is working for you!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.