Update on Nora with new Pics

Nora Jowls

Nov 12, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Nora Jowls
We have been trying to change Nora to Fromm and it has not been going well. We ended up taking her to the vet last night because on top of the diarrhea she started vomiting and became lethargic. We figured better safe than sorry. We kept getting mixed reviews on the pumpkin for firming up bm's. So the vet gave us some prescription food and told us to mix it with rice. He also gave us antibiotics as a precautionary measure and told us to keep her on pepto bismol 2x a day. Less than 24 hours later she is feeling a world better. Getting into EVERYTHING :p! I hate seeing her not feel well and not being able to do much about it. As promised here are some new pictures of my smelly princess Nora4.jpgNora1.jpgNora2.jpgNora3.jpgNora6.jpgNora7.jpgNora8.jpgNora9.jpg

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Awwwwww..poor baby! Maybe a bland diet for a week then try a very slow transition? Which Fromm did you try? I hope she is much better soon. I hate when they are sick...:(

OP
Nora Jowls

Nora Jowls

Nov 12, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Nora Jowls
We tried large breed puppy because it says for dogs that will be over 50 lbs and she is already 48 lbs. The vet said once she starts having regular BMs we can start mixing the Fromm with the prescription food and go from there. Just glad she is feeling better!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We tried large breed puppy because it says for dogs that will be over 50 lbs and she is already 48 lbs. The vet said once she starts having regular BMs we can start mixing the Fromm with the prescription food and go from there. Just glad she is feeling better!

How is Nora doing?

OP
Nora Jowls

Nora Jowls

Nov 12, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Nora Jowls
Hi! Nora is doing much better. It's been quite an expensive 2 weeks. A few days after starting the antibiotics for diarrhea we thought she ate a small nail and ran to an emergency vet at night and found out she didn't eat the nail :pray:. While we were super glad we are really hoping our insurance will cover that super expensive visit. Then yesterday I ran her in for another emergency visit because I wasn't sure if she had a cold or allergies and didn't want her to develop an upper respiratory infection or pneumonia. So now she is on a second antibiotic and steroid eye drops. She is feeling much better and back to raising heck. I told the vet the first symptom was her not getting into any trouble! :lmao:I'm waiting for them to name an exam room after Miss Nora for neurotic puppy moms.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Thanku for updating us on sweet Nora. I'm so happy to know she's feeling better. She's such a sweetie. Love all the pics of her! :luv:

Hugo2012

Mar 19, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Hugo
Nora is too cute! I am glad that she is doing better too. My baby was sick all last two weeks too:(

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Such a sweet baby!!!

I think that I would be inclined to not put her back on the puppy food. Instead go for the Fromm 4* range as its all-stages. That means it covers babies all the way up to seniors!!

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
So glad Nora is feeling better! She is a darling!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.