Food change and diarrhea

Nora Jowls

Nov 12, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Nora Jowls
Hi. So Nora was on Merrick puppy formula since we got her in November. We have only been able to find chicken and rice puppy formula. I believe she is developing allergies because she has been chewing her paws and definitely does not suffer from any type of anxiety that I can tell. So I decided to go with Fromm. From what I read on this website, those who use Fromm love it. I feed her 3x a day 3/4 a cup each feeding. I am giving all but 1/8 a cup old and 1/8 a cup new and she has diarrhea. I added canned pumpkin to try and firm up her bm's a little. It doesn't seem like 1/8 a cup would be too quick a transition (this has been the last 4 meals). I don't want her to have diarrhea and get dehydrated but I also don't want to keep feeding her the grains and chicken longer than I have too. My vet doesn't want her on adult food until she is a year old. Should I put her on a bland diet for a few days and then try again? Sorry so long and thanks in advance!

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Yes. Bland diet can only help during the transition. Over cooked white rice and boiled ground beef will fix her up real quick :)

You will love the results you see in her on the Fromm. She is beautiful!

OP
Nora Jowls

Nora Jowls

Nov 12, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Nora Jowls
Thanks for the reply. Should I mix the bland diet with the Fromm?

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
No. You will want to keep her on the bland diet until her stool is firm and regular. Then you can jump right into full Fromm without any more tummy troubles.

OP
Nora Jowls

Nora Jowls

Nov 12, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Nora Jowls
Thanks! I will be running to the supermarket in the morning to get her some beef!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.