Funny story

wheezer

Dec 16, 2011
MS
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus, Dexter
Fortunately, this week I happened to be working from home. My daughter and granddog live a block from me and she called me frantically yesterday. She knows I am always on this forum and wanted to know if anyone on the forum had ever mentioned that their bulldog had gone upstairs and would not come down. I told her no, but a bulldog should not be allowed to go up and down stairs until they were two years old. Her English bulldog had already fractured his shoulder from jumping out of the car and he is only 9 months old. She had tried to pick him up and carry him downstairs but she was unable to do this because he weighs over 50 pounds. I took his harness and went upstairs and put it on him and then held up his front end and sat on the stairs and he and I together went down the stairs. I kept the weight off of his front end. When we got to the bottom of the stairs, he wanted to go back up them. The stairs were in her pool house and she did not know he was in the pool house. She did not realize the door was open. She now has put a gate at the bottom of the stairs so he cannot go up the stairs in case some lets him back out there. The things we have to do for our children, grandchildren, and granddogs!! LOL

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Too funny, yeah they are just like babies, even more so because they never grow up to become independent like human babies, so they are reliant on us for everything for their whole life.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Wish you'd thought to have her take a pic or video of that...hilarious!

Great save!

OP
wheezer

wheezer

Dec 16, 2011
MS
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus, Dexter
That is so true!! My daughter was at a loss because she is so small and he is so big! I tell her she should join EBN so she can keep up, but her 3 children keep her so busy she relies on me to keep her informed. Her bully comes to my house to play with my bully at least 3 or 4 times a week because she is so busy. My bully loves it when he has a play mate. I think they think they are brothers! It is great because it is like having two bullies with only the upkeep of one.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.