I can't be the only one

giuseppe

Feb 18, 2013
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Apollo and Enzo - Giuseppe 7/11/01 - 4/23/12
Am I the only person here that, um, tastes their pooches food before they give it to them? Not every time. Just before you give them something new. My wife thinks I'm nuts but I figure if they are going to eat it, I need to know if it's like all chemically tasting. Yeah, I'm nuts. :excited:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Well I would never taste their kibble, but I have and do taste my home cooked food that I make them, but that's peop,e food. Lol.

OP
giuseppe

giuseppe

Feb 18, 2013
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Well, yeah, their kibble, any treats we buy them. It's how I decided they would never eat a pupperoni again or a tbonz. I know it's sick but if I can't eat it, why feed it to my boys? I know it's crazy but that won't make me stop. Beef Frittata is surprisingly tasty by the way. :p

wheezer

Dec 16, 2011
MS
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus, Dexter
No way!! I feed air dried raw and I am not going to taste it. I am a bad mom!! I will not change, though! LOL

OP
giuseppe

giuseppe

Feb 18, 2013
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Haha, I know I know. My wife is laughing that I even admitted it. I don't know if I would chance it with the raw, but I would be tempted. lol

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I love to munch on the home cooking... But no, I have never tasted kibble! I have been tempted at pumpkin treats with yogurt icing, but still didn't do it. Lol

I think we have a new candidate for most bulldog obsessed for the 2014 awards!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

OP
giuseppe

giuseppe

Feb 18, 2013
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Dang, the wife is right again. I told her I would easily find one other person who tried the food before they gave it to their best friends. lol
She has been saying she is going to get an account on here too. Now it can never happen. She will make me seem like a complete lunatic.

wheezer

Dec 16, 2011
MS
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus, Dexter
She might be right!! Tell her to hurry up and join!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
UGH.... not something I would do.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I remember enjoying a bit of my dog's food when I was about 6 years old. And I also remember it was highly frowned upon by those in authority over me at the time.
So nope, can't say I've ever tried HRH's food or any of the dog kibble that has crossed my path in life in the 50 years since then.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Well, yeah, their kibble, any treats we buy them. It's how I decided they would never eat a pupperoni again or a tbonz. I know it's sick but if I can't eat it, why feed it to my boys? I know it's crazy but that won't make me stop. Beef Frittata is surprisingly tasty by the way. :p
I agree with you Dave, its unpalatable to us why should we expect them to enjoy it. With in reason of course, I wouldn't eat road kill but Im quite sure they may give it a taste. But yes, I have tried a tiny bit of their kibble and a real small portion of a treat to see what it was like so no your not alone

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Now you have given me an idea, I can get myself an antler to stir my Johnnie Walker Black and gnaw on the antler while I watch boxing

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.