I can't be the only one

OP
giuseppe

giuseppe

Feb 18, 2013
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Apollo and Enzo - Giuseppe 7/11/01 - 4/23/12
:hmm: I can honestly say tasting their food is not something that I have done. :tease: I do give a good smell though and will even sniff the wet food when they get it. I did eat one of those vanilla cookies they sell in the bulk bins at Petco last year. I swear that's a regular cookie....tasted good too. :ashamed:

Yes! So we have 5 total people, that admitted it, I'm sure there are more. Allison "Red" @truffle shuffle suggested a great name for our little group. Weirdo Dog Food Eaters or WDFE for short. :) We can start a whole new rating system for dog foods! lmbo

I'm off to get some cookies at petco now.

truffle shuffle

Dec 23, 2012
DC area
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk
Yes! So we have 5 total people, that admitted it, I'm sure there are more. Allison "Red" @truffle shuffle suggested a great name for our little group. Weirdo Dog Food Eaters or WDFE for short. :) We can start a whole new rating system for dog foods!

Lol fantastic!! Petsmart has some great yogurt dipped peanut butter cookies, I give them 5 out of 5, ;)

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
I must admit something here..................

ahhh I've done alot of crazy things............ but I can honestly say, I've never sampled any dog food or treats !

:p gotcha didnt I?

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Yes! So we have 5 total people, that admitted it, I'm sure there are more. Allison "Red" @truffle shuffle suggested a great name for our little group. Weirdo Dog Food Eaters or WDFE for short. :) We can start a whole new rating system for dog foods! lmbo

:2thumbs: I'm part of a new cult, the WDFE's :laugh:

Seriously those vanilla cream cookies they have aren't bad, a bit blander than a normal cookie but they're regular cookies, nothing funky added in. I'd eat another too....:whistle:

OP
giuseppe

giuseppe

Feb 18, 2013
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
I must admit something here..................

ahhh I've done alot of crazy things............ but I can honestly say, I've never sampled any dog food or treats !

:p gotcha didnt I?

You did. I thought we had an even 6. hahaha :biglaugh:

OP
giuseppe

giuseppe

Feb 18, 2013
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
:2thumbs: I'm part of a new cult, the WDFE's :laugh:

Seriously those vanilla cream cookies they have aren't bad, a bit blander than a normal cookie but they're regular cookies, nothing funky added in. I'd eat another too....:whistle:

If that is the case, I am really going to have to get some, for the pooches of course. ;)

I bet that makes your wife happy knowing there are more weirdos than just you, lol.

She said, "oh, tell them that's just the tip of the iceberg". haha. She's not kidding. :blush2:

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
hey [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] looks like you have someone to actually tell you what some of the different kinds of kibble taste like now unless you 'sample' as well. I can honestly say I've never tried his kibble, but I did try a piece of a milk bone when I was a little kid dog sitting for my neighbors dogs. We also tried the birthday cake we made for Bacon's first birthday so if that counts you can add me and [MENTION=4676]thesspa[/MENTION] to the list.

TonkaTruck28

Mar 19, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
Am I the only person here that, um, tastes their pooches food before they give it to them? Not every time. Just before you give them something new. My wife thinks I'm nuts but I figure if they are going to eat it, I need to know if it's like all chemically tasting. Yeah, I'm nuts. :excited:

For those of you who make the ultimate sacrifice for the health of your bullies, maybe give Little Eatz a search on google! It might make your taste tester duties easier :) Tonka just got them in his BarkBox. Though I cannoy say I have eaten them, they smell good!

OP
giuseppe

giuseppe

Feb 18, 2013
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
hey @cowsmom looks like you have someone to actually tell you what some of the different kinds of kibble taste like now unless you 'sample' as well. I can honestly say I've never tried his kibble, but I did try a piece of a milk bone when I was a little kid dog sitting for my neighbors dogs. We also tried the birthday cake we made for Bacon's first birthday so if that counts you can add me and @thesspa to the list.

We are now 7 strong! Haha! Seriously, you'd be surprised at how different the lower quality foods taste when compared to the 5-6 star foods. Nutro Max, for instance, tasted really organy. Like this burrito place near my house. On certain days they just use the lower grade meat. You order a steak burrito on a wednesday and it tasted like spleen or something. That's the way some foods taste. Not Fromm. If you slipped Fromm in a bowl of chex mix, people would barely notice. :)

For those of you who make the ultimate sacrifice for the health of your bullies, maybe give Little Eatz a search on google! It might make your taste tester duties easier :) Tonka just got them in his BarkBox. Though I cannoy say I have eaten them, they smell good!

That is a great idea~! Plus it will be a great party trick. Treat for the dog, treat for me. Haha! :laugh:

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I have to say I think you're alone with this...:rolleyes:

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
Well, yeah, their kibble, any treats we buy them. It's how I decided they would never eat a pupperoni again or a tbonz. I know it's sick but if I can't eat it, why feed it to my boys? I know it's crazy but that won't make me stop. Beef Frittata is surprisingly tasty by the way. :p
If that would make folks stop giving their Bullies pupperonis etc. I would suggest more people try their doggies food first. OK I admit it. I try everything Miss Tallulah's and Buster eat at least once to make sure it is OK. :blush: Kibble is not bad with a bit of water and yogurt. Canned pumpkin is pretty bland but... not terrible. But then some dogs eat :poo::poo: so their idea of yummy may be a bit out of whack with mine :ROFL:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.