Antlers

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hello, I've read quite a bit on here how much bully's love their antlers and how they are supposed to last especially with heavy chewers. Last night I got one for Buster for the first time and he absolutely went nuts! It's an Antlerz and after about 2 hours he was already about half way through it. It's pretty much the same size as a regular Nylabone but he chewed through it so quick. Has anyone had this happen to them??

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
Sorry, I've never heard of them. Glad he likes them! Sometimes its nice to give them something to keep them occupied for a short time, ya know? And your avatar picture is just too precious.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
There are different types of antlers. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I believe deer are the softest, followed by elk then moose. I buy my guys elk antlers and they last just about forever.

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Yes, Otis chews his right up. His deer antlers anyway.

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
There are different types of antlers. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I believe deer are the softest, followed by elk then moose. I buy my guys elk antlers and they last just about forever.

I've heard this also. I give mine elk too and they last about a month and a half. That's them chewing on them pretty much every night. Perhaps you bought a deer antler and that's why he's gotten through it so easily.

Kahnefan5

Dec 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian & Thatcher RIP--Cutter 12/01/2003-04/06/2012 & Tug 07/03/2006-07/19/2010
Our's chew moose antlers and have been chewing on the same ones since early November with very little distruction to them.

TonkaTruck28

Mar 19, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
Tonka can devour a full deer antler in about 3 hours. He usually gets the split Elk antlers and lately those have been lasting 4 or 5 days. His next antler will be an XL whole elk antler and we will see how long that lasts. I have been wanting to try a moose antler, but they seem to be hard to get around here, even online. Not as many options in Canada it seems.

OP
D

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I did not know there were so many different kinds. Have to get an Elk one next. Thank you everyone for such great feedback.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas has two deer antlers that he has had for about 2 years, he chews them on a regular basis too. But on Vegas's behalf, he is not a shredder and he dosen't tear up anything..Vegas is very gentle with all his chewies and stuffies.

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hi,

Anything but a REAL antler is not the same. I have a deer antler that I have had for months and all of my dogs at one time or another have chewed on it and barely made a change except for one of the small ends. The REAL deer/elk antlers are EXTREMELY strong.

Good Day~

xsubsailor

Jan 24, 2013
West Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pickle
Pickle is tearing up her deer antler and is doing a pretty good job on the moose antler. She switches between them depending her mood.

I got the deer antler from Antlerz (amazon) and the moose antler from a Acadia antlers booth at a pet expo but they have a web site http://www.acadiaantlers.com/.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online