Any last minute advice? Picking up Eloise on Sunday

PsychoPixie

Feb 16, 2013
U.P of MI
Bulldog(s) Names
Eloise M.Wigglebottom
The day has quickly and slowly snuck up on me. Me and my boyfriend are leaving Friday to go spend the weekend in Wisconson, and then on Sunday meeting the breeder to pick up baby Eloise. I'm wondering if any of you have some last minute advice? What should I pack for her 6 hour car ride home? Well, 6-7 hours with us, about 3 with the breeder. Should I bring toys? How much food? Should I feed her on the ride, or will that make her sick? I should ask the breeder how she does in the car. I never thought to ask.
I also want to thank all of you guys for all the help so far. I dont know what I would do with out you :no: Knowing I can come here and ask my stupid questions makes me feel better lol

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Looking forward to seeing plenty of pics of Eloise, have a safe trip

heavyblankets

Jan 21, 2013
Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Agnes
I had a 5 hour ride bringing Aggie home. She slept on my lap most of the way. I had some towels that smelled like my house and pee pads with me but didn't really use them. I also had one of the soft toys the breeder sent home with me but she didn't chew it at all. It was an easy ride that was mostly snuggles and sleeping. Good luck!

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
I have to tell you, my biggest fear was where Bertha would pee. I worked myself up worrying about putting her on ground fearing exposure to Parvo. So the pee pads has that covered!! Sounds like you have it all planned out perfectly!! Good luck, how exciting!!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
We had a 5 hour drive back with Wilson and a 14 hour drive back with Emma. Piece of cake on both. When you stop to get gas be sure to take her to a spot where she can potty. Then also stop at a rest area for her to stretch her legs and potty again. Emma had no potty mishaps on a 14 hour drive. I got a small dog bed and both of them slept stayed in that on my lap pretty much the entire drives. For Emma's trip since we did a quick turnaround (a 30 hour trip in total) we had to pull over to sleep for a couple of hours at 3am. She snoozed in her bed.

Be sure to bring a tuperware for her to drink some water and food, some baby wipes, toys (may not even use them though), towels (just in case), a trash bag in case there is a mishap so you have something to toss the soiled clothes/towels into.

Now depending on what type of vehicle your drive if it has a wide console that trucks have (that's what we had) you can put the small doggie bed on it and she'll have her own special spot right next to you both.

She'll be fine so don't frett over the car ride. Congratulations too. :D

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Emma and Wilson never got sick from eating but each dog is different. Bring a little blanket too to snuggle her up in. I went and bought a $10 baby throw from Wal-Mart, it was soft and fleecy.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=8156]PsychoPixie[/MENTION] Well congrats on your baby. I know you are excited to get her. I have traveled long distances several times with pups and have never had a problem. I have fed them along the way and so far have never had one get sick. (knock on wood). We put them in a crate as I think this is the safest way for them to travel just in case you get into an accident, they are not flying objects. We take plenty of towels, paper towels, baby wipes, pee pads, trash bags, water, food and a few chew toys. Food and water bowls too. They usually sleep most of the way and we will put down a pee pad and towel for them to lay on. Also bring a leash and collar so if you decide to walk her you can. We try not to walk them in fear of them contacting Parvo. They have enough room in their crate to stretch their legs. Good luck and have fun, it will be fine and you will just love your new pup. Here is a little article from your pup.

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/content.php?543-I-Am-Your-Puppy

OP
PsychoPixie

PsychoPixie

Feb 16, 2013
U.P of MI
Bulldog(s) Names
Eloise M.Wigglebottom
Thanks guys. I have a little bag packed with stuff just for her. It has some toys, a dish, some food, and a few blankets. I went to Target and got a soft pink baby blanket, then seen a pack of like 10 pink patternd recieving blankets at T.J Max, so I bought those too lol I havent gotten a harness yet since I dont know exactly how big she will be lol I know when she was 6 weeks she weighed 7.5 pounds lol My chubby little girl :D
IM SO EXCITED lol
I promis I will take hundreds of pics, and post them all here. I am packing my camera so I can get some pics of our trip, and mostly of little Eloise lol

OP
PsychoPixie

PsychoPixie

Feb 16, 2013
U.P of MI
Bulldog(s) Names
Eloise M.Wigglebottom
And thank you for the link to that article, It was beautiful

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,

Plenty of stops...
the lists above seems to cover it. I agree that hopefully the breeder has acclimated the puppy to a crate and even gone on some car rides...more than just to the vet for shots. Yes, on the water. Very small amounts of food....better to not have a full stomach for a bumpy ride.

Plenty of stops....
Love, praise, play.

Good Day~

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I see everyone's got you covered so all I can say is....

Is it Sunday yet???? :tapfoot:

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

OP
PsychoPixie

PsychoPixie

Feb 16, 2013
U.P of MI
Bulldog(s) Names
Eloise M.Wigglebottom
Lol I wish.
I keep running over things in my head, like what if this happens, don't forget to do that,
bring this.....and that....and that too lol
I can't sleep cause I'm day dreaming about getting to finally meet my baby lol
Oh so excited andneevouse lol

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Congratulations on finally getting your sweet Eloise, can't wait to see the pictures :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.