holy mother of dog food price increase

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
titans dads went to the store to dog food for his house and the price of fromm went up 13% since the last time he bought?!?!?!?!? whatttttttttt? gonna have to buy online. they said well we now have a rewards program but we don't buy enough for it to work. we might buy a bag every 8 weeks...not once a month....

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Check out petflow, there is also no sales tax in most states!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

TandVsMom

Jun 26, 2012
WV
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus and Bubbers
I have max on Nature's Intstinct Raw, but am going to have to change his diet because it is getting SO expensive...the price keeps going up and up and up. I am spending right around $45 each week on food. Yes, I love him. Yes he is worth it, but I'm going to have to find something else before the price goes up even more. :(

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
I spend around $150 a month on Earthborn Holistic for the boys and Goldie. I order through petflow.com. I budget into my monthly expenses so it's no different than paying the mortgage, car payment, utilities, whatever.

xsubsailor

Jan 24, 2013
West Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pickle
+1 for Petflow. They are fast and you can get free shipping too. I aslo go to a pet store about 30 miles away with the same price as Petflow but with gas and time - it's for emergencies only.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I buy earthborn holistic and I pay 44 a bag for the grain free so I think thats a pretty good deal! I spend about $80 a month on my two.

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
I buy Fromm from mr.chewy .com , I think its the same exact price as petflow. There is a local dog bakery that sells Fromm and its about $15 more there than online! Its so much easier ordering it online and getting two days later without paying for shipping!!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
+ another for Petflow. :2thumbs: It took me a long time to want to order food online....just seemed silly to me. I have finally given in and I have to say I actually save $$ since I'm not going into the petstore buying other things I don't need when I'm only there for food. Their prices are the best I've seen and heck, it's delivered for free to my home (well my hubby's work).

OP
nyerathrt

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
yeah the plan is to switch to petflow...it was just a shocker to go up soooo much....it was about 57 dollars a bag for a 30 pound bag...it went up to 68...he was getting them every 8 to 10 weeks....maybe a little longer or shorter depending on if jameson is there. i get the next size down when i go just so i don't have to lug it up the steps....

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Not to hijack the thread but I just wanted to share my sticker price shock lately as well...

I have 2 skin kids ages 9 and 11. And my grocery bill last week was around $400. That's just for one week. My 2 boys went through 2 qts of soy milk, one jar of almond butter, one jar of grape jelly, a 24-slice package of american cheese, one package of sliced ham, and 3 packages of sliced bread. In 3 days. FOR SNACKS!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Not to hijack the thread but I just wanted to share my sticker price shock lately as well...

I have 2 skin kids ages 9 and 11. And my grocery bill last week was around $400. That's just for one week. My 2 boys went through 2 qts of soy milk, one jar of almond butter, one jar of grape jelly, a 24-slice package of american cheese, one package of sliced ham, and 3 packages of sliced bread. In 3 days. FOR SNACKS!

Lol I know this feeling. I remember a time when I had to pitch eggs in the bin because it was just Chip, myself and our oldest son. Now 1 carton for one breakfast with all if us and a couple cartons for the bullies, just my egg bill alone is a lot! Thinking of making a chicken coupe. :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
yeah the plan is to switch to petflow...it was just a shocker to go up soooo much....it was about 57 dollars a bag for a 30 pound bag...it went up to 68...he was getting them every 8 to 10 weeks....maybe a little longer or shorter depending on if jameson is there. i get the next size down when i go just so i don't have to lug it up the steps....
I recently had to go to a pet store here to pick up a 26lb bag of Fromm Beef Frittata and it was $68. Shocker to the system but my guys are doing really well on it. I think Earthborn for a 26lb bag is $48. My other guy Jack is on Earthborn, as were Wilson and Emma before I just switched them to Fromm.

Nadiel

May 10, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Bulldog(s) Names
Booker
I pay $83 + 14% tax for the Fromm Beef here in vancouver, canada.

Woohoo... beat that.

I don't know of an online ordering option for canadians but if one is available please help a brutha out.

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
I spend around $150 a month on Earthborn Holistic for the boys and Goldie. I order through petflow.com. I budget into my monthly expenses so it's no different than paying the mortgage, car payment, utilities, whatever.

yup....my budget is around $225 for LOTS of dogs...certainly NOT bragging....only that I agree with it is built into my budget.

Good Day~

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.