blankets and bully butter

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
Ok, so here's my two questions.

Does anyones bulldog only like to be on top of blankets? The house can get a little chilly sometimes and while Momo's on the couch I cover her up with a blanket. She somehow always winds up on top of it. ARG!

Bully butter. Anyone ever heard of this product? For their noses when they get dry?

Thanks for the help!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Nope.... Banks will bury herself under the blankets and then works her way out when she gets hot. Chelios (our Frenchie) LOVES being under the covers too, but more often he will work his way on top of them

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Mine don't sleep with blankets because they will eat them, except for Bebe and she sleeps on top of it, and Buddy doesn't like a blanket in his crate. Jewel the other day went into BeBe's crate and got under her crate pad, the little goof. As far as the Bully Butter, I have never used it, but some people have used Snoot Soother and say it works well.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Both mine love snuggling on top of a blanket, not underneath. Momo may be feeling too warm under the blankets that's why she ends up kicking 'em off.
I use Snout Soother too for their dry noses and dry lips. I haven't heard of Bully Butter.

truffle shuffle

Dec 23, 2012
DC area
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk
Chunk likes to snuggle ontop of my feet over the blanket <3 and I use 'Bow Wow Butter' on his nose and his toes! As we are in an area that gets snow, we butter up his toes before we go out in the winter that side walk salt can really hurt the skin!

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
mine don't like being under blankets but they will lay on top, after they properly scrunched them up, of course. I use snout soother for my bullies nose, pads, and even sometimes my own feet and lips!!!

mc68mc

Sep 11, 2012
Columbia Mo area
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
April aka Big Smoochie or Smoocha - Libre'
April does not like to be under the covers - when the power went out for 12 hrs a couple of weeks ago it got down to 55 in the house . My wife was positive she needed under the blankets but no-way Jose :nope: :p

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
Winston doesn't like blankets above or below him. He prefers to use chew toys as pillows! Silly boy.

We use either Snout Soother, or Nose Butter for his widdle nosey. Snout Soother was given away free at a meetup, the Nose Butter I buy on Etsy.com.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas only likes to be on top, he gets too hot under the blankets. As far as his nose, We are very lucky, he has a very nice smooth like soft leather nose. Never had a problem so far with the nose.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
No problems with the nose; Amber likes to drag her blankets with her. She is a sticker about one particular blanket she got for Christmas, doesn't share it with anyone but she lays on top of all her blankets.

xsubsailor

Jan 24, 2013
West Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pickle
She seems to like to be on the leather couch the most with nothing under or above her. When not on the couch, she fills her bed with her toys and just lays on them like it's no issue.

Hugo2012

Mar 19, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Hugo
Hugo loves to lay on top of his blanket too...As for his nose, we just use our hand lotion but I should try snout soother!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.