Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hubby wants to make Bullie haven??!

Potty Trainer
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tonka truck and new puppy
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Hubby wants to make Bullie haven??!

Thanks everyone. Don't think we will build it.. Will spend the money on them in another way. They love out basement nobody uses... Might just make them a doggy haven down there and spoiled them that way. Won't help with potty brakes. Anybody with potty brake ideas please chime in. We are just manually walking them on a leash every potty brake as I feel this is the only safe way. Love to hear if anyone knows of another safe way. I am even scared to let them out in a chain link yard. We live on a 20 acre farm off the road incase you are wondering our set up. Don't have chain link fence now. I'm just so scared of the heat!

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

I'm happy you changed your mind on this, as being outside unsupervised is never a good idea. The basement is a good idea I think. There is a company that makes litter boxes that look like grass, maybe a couple of them may work. Also there have been people that have trained their bullies to use litter boxes as well and they use the litter made from recycled newspaper as it is less harmful if they eat some of it. You can Google the litter boxes with the fake grass on them, they seem like they might work.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

Hmmmm wonder if a flush able potty area in the basement could be an option????

Real Name
    Ed and Linde Nosek
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir codsworth,(knuckles)
    Likes (Received)

It's definitely up to you,but I say absolutely not, too many things can go wrong

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

The concepts sounds like a really neat idea and how wonderful that your hubby wants to do this for them. But I'm with everyone else, it's way too risky for bullies for the reasons stated above. Another concern is what if you lost power and it was it got to warm, that would always worry me. Theft would too of them just being outside unattended. Wilson, and now Emma, will also bake in the sun if I let them, even when it's 90 out. They love the heat but heat is dangerous for our bullies and often it's too late for them before it's realized. But.......I to your hubby for a great idea in theory.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Oogle Me on Google Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

we have a 36" decorative fence up around a 'Pee Garden' we open our sliding glass doors and they run down to the patio and their pee garden. (The Fence goes from the side of the house, out to the Pee Garden, to the other side of the house, so when we open the door, they are 'in' the enclosed area. Now if they REALLY wanted to, they probably could push over this type of fencing, but they havent.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_19299-16418-...ing&facetInfo=

Lowes - No Dig 36-in x 30-in Black/Powder Coated Steel Fence Panel

this is what it actually is, it isnt really expensive to do a small area I think we got 20 panels do do our area.

But I concur, I dont let them have a free run outside, because they just love sunbathing TOO much to realize when to come in from the sun.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Krista
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug
    Likes (Received)

As a fellow Alabamian, I agree about the worry with the heat! Already Aubie has got too hot on the couple of days its been real warm recently... and she wasn't out very long at all. We'd like to think they'd go where its cool, but you just never know.

Real Name
    Tim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ace
    Likes (Received)

Just got me to thinking for the potty brakes why not build a decent size sand box in the basement out of 2x6's and fill up with dirt and see if they would go in it. Maybe a dumb idea but thought I would throw it out there

Real Name
    Veronica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
    Likes (Received)

Well my dogs have never been outside by themselves so I'm totally feeling your concerns! I just don't trust other people to not take my precious pets. The same way with my kids until just last year (they are almost 9 & 11) I would not want them to have access to the outside, strictly inside. I'm curious to see how he builds it!

Bully lovin' movie buff Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jenni
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)

I use a litter box in a pen when I leave for more than an hour and it works really well! Also I have seen that grass potty patch also if you go to a search engine and type in DIY dog potty patch it will pull up different ways to make one and you can make it whatever size you want. Thought about that myself!

Dog Park Attendant Become a 4 Paw Member wheezer's Avatar
    Real Name
    Linda
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeus, Dexter
    Likes (Received)

We have a privacy fence and a doggie door, but we close the doggie door when we are gone! I would never allow Zeus to have access outside if no one was home. He would stay all day no matter how hot! He can wait all day for a potty break and he is a year old. I am fortunate that hubby is retired and here with him almost every day or can take him with him.
    Zeus 2013

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads