agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Diesel has started yelping : barking when he wants attention. I take him everywhere with me and prob give him 2 much attention his yelps are beginning to drive me nuts.

How can I nip this in the bud

Jj x

whitebronc

Jan 2, 2013
So Cal
Bulldog(s) Names
Ike
What is it diesel, Jimmy is trapped down a well?? :p

have you tried ignoring him and giving him a treat when when stops? or teaching a new command like hush or no bark.. Then when he stops give him a treat..

Just throwing out ideas...

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Start by not acknowledging it maybe? Bacon has found his voice as well and for the most part he will do it once or twice and if we ignore him he stops.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ignoring or getting a water bottle... firm no with a spray to the face. I lost this battle with Banks a LONG time ago... I even tried a bark collar - and all she did was bark at the collar when it vibrated. :blink:

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Blue started barking when he wants attention as well. We just ignore it.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Diva would do this, and we would just tell her "NO" and kept doing it until she finally stopped. Now she doesn't do it anymore. It just took a few weeks, and us being consistent.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Coin with cans and rattle it when he barks and say a firm "NO!" when he stops, give him a treat and praise him.

Hugo2012

Mar 19, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Hugo
When Hugo grunts we just ignore him and when he barks we just ignore him as well:) actually my husband would yell No to Hugo when he barks. thanks god Hugo doesn't bark too much!

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Gizmo barks when she wants something, or if something is out of place. Sometimes it drives us NUTS trying to figure out what she is barking at. We usually have to totally clear off the counters (*BARK* Gizmo is saying 'Put the Bread back where it Belongs!' *Bark Bark* Do the Dishes NOW they dont belong on the counter). Its actually quite amusing when we think about it, but its 20 trips to the kitchen to try to figure out what she wants, or isnt liking, and SOMETIMES, its just she wants an ice cube. But she will face the Stove area, and Bark that way!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.