agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
I was watching the rugby last night on TV and I am 99% sure diesel was watching the tv with me.
None of my other dogs in the past have bothered with the telly before.
Is this a common thing ?

Or maybe he was just enjoying England getting beat as much as me !!!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I notice my crew watching at times, most assuredly when another dog is on the tube

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
Interesting question! I was told that if dogs watch tv, its a sign of their lack of intelligence(and by no means does this statement reflect on anyone elses dogs). My boxer never watched tv but my bulldog does. I don't know if that saying is true or not...neither of them were/are unintelligent. Maybe he was just getting into what you were, a good game.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Not really but she does notice when another animal is on the screen and try to attack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TonkaTruck28

Mar 19, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
pavy5y7e.jpg

Watching The Incredible Dr. Pol :)

OP
jimmyjj

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Interesting question! I was told that if dogs watch tv, its a sign of their lack of intelligence(and by no means does this statement reflect on anyone elses dogs). My boxer never watched tv but my bulldog does. I don't know if that saying is true or not...neither of them were/are unintelligent. Maybe he was just getting into what you were, a good game.

Is that the same for humans?? If so I have no hope. Lol

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Mine love to watch tv especially Nigel....here are some pics to prove it.

Nigel watching 13 going on 30.jpgIMG_3243.jpg

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
They don't watch avidly, but if there are animals on making strange noises or jumping around, it gets their attention and us usually worth a bark or two. :ROFL:

Ours too. Other than that not too much as of yet. But Ace sure keeps me from watching as much as I would like

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Bacon is the same as Ace and Lucy's crew, could care less unless there is a weird sound then it's an explosive awake from snoring heaven to bark at the TV.

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Rumble Pig Peterson AKA Rumble
Rumble will watch the most random things...weather, NBA games, and even Suvivor. And of course he will always watch Animal Planet!

Spunkysmom2012

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
I hope it's not because they lack intelligence! Spunky does EVERY once in awhile...and when she does its when animals or singing are on :) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363621323.235259.jpg

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
[MENTION=6047]jimmyjj[/MENTION] - My female Molly will watch TV and this is her favorite show 207979_200427073322987_5582218_n.jpg she is watching The Dog Whisperer but not the dogs :lol: she is watching Cesar!

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Raven will watch things with animals or kids on. I forget what she was watching the other morning while I was running around getting dressed for work, I accidentally stepped into her viewing range and she got up, snorted and reset herself a bit over from where she was previously sitting and started watching tv again.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.