Neurotic or Normal?

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
Quick question. This morning my bf was making coffee so he used the water from the Brita pitcher (so yes it was filtered water) and he had a little left over, he didn't want to waste it so he poured the rest into their bowl. Now I know it actually is no big deal and a trace amount of coffee from the stains in the pot wouldn't do anything harmful or anything at all really, but I still wouldn't do it, mainly b/c I'm just ocd and would prefer to know that all their water is coming from one container. Of course my bf thinks I'm nuts and I'm not disagreeing with that. But part of my "defense" was 'I know there's others out there (out there meaning EBN) that would see what I'm saying'. So he said 'alright go ahead ask then, I'm curious'

Is there anyone else as OCD as me or am I just crazy? :)

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I totally get it as I'd be the same way. My hubby though? Ha! He'd take the same stance as your BF.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I get it! You can never be to careful when it comes to your baby!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Totally with you and the b/f. Is just as bad as i am when it comes to our bullies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Water from the Brita pitcher should be fine as you say, it's filtered water. When we were waiting for our house to sell and move into our new one we lived in an apartment for awhile and we gave our bullies filtered water from a Brita filter. Then we installed one of the Pur water filters to the faucet and used that also.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I am just as guilty for being neurotic! We know the littlest things can cause issues and others just dont get it sometimes!!! :hug:

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
I am a lot like you. My husband thinks I am crazy for wiping my dogs butt after going potty and cleaning their paws after walks but the thought of the stuff they drag inside the house is just gross :excited:

OP
LillyNBruin

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
Thank you everyone! I feel much better! My bf still thinks I'm crazy, but at least I have back up now ;)

I agree...Normally neurotic sounds about right

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
My hubby calls me the grey haired lady because I keep getting more and more grey hairs. It's from worrying and being neurotic about my bullies and the pups, everything must always be clean, so I deem you perfectly normal :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.