Spoke too soon. Dogs just got in a huge fight!!

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Just jinxed myself! I posted 2 days ago bragging about how good my guys have been and how I have had no fights in over a month, well thats over!! I think I was being too cocky tonight since they have been so good and didn't think twice about giving them treats together. Well Princess dropped her treat and Diva went after her, I went to break it up and Princess bit part of my hand and one of my fingers which swelled immediately. I felt so bad for Princess after because she was pretty shaken up. I'm now sitting with Princess icing my finger! Ahhhh I'm so annoyed! :cursing:

This is the same finger just front and back. It swelled right when she bit me, and all those red marks are either cuts or puncture wounds! I've gotten cuts from them before, but nothing like this!!
photo-111.jpgphoto-112.jpg

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Oh Melissa, I'm so sorry this happened. Please be very careful and watch
your finger and please go immediately to ER if it gets worse. My sister had
exact same scenerio and when her thumb swelled more & got more sore
she did go in and there was flesh eating bacteria, they kept her overnight
to give antibiotics intravenously, it did the job & no complications.

Not to scare only informing you to be watchful, careful & proactive. Will keep
you in prayer, also for a solution to end the fighting...much love, Carol

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Oh geez, just when u think it's smooth sailing and things are hunky dory! Many of us can empathize with you. The fights can be so disheartening but keep working w/your bullies. I have been bitten during a fight between my two as well and it hurt like He*%. Get some antibiotic ointment on that asap.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Oh ypu poor thing, I too had been bitten like that when I had pugs and my two males would fight and I would get in to break them apart. I have never been bitten by a dog except for my own.

Look after your finger.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Quch, I hate it when that happens, after the ice just put some Neosporin on it and keep an eye on it. If you do go to the Doc. please do not tell them you were bite by a bully. Depending on your state or city laws, they will take your bullies and quarantine them, and if they show any aggression to anyone they can be put down. Just tell them you got into some barbed wire. But if you keep it clean and use the Neosporin, it should be fine. Hope your bullies are OK, and have settled down. Ours got into a fight the other night too, so it happens sometimes.

OP
mcraven2

mcraven2

Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you everyone! Its still pretty swollen and stiff, I don't plan on going to the doctor unless it looks worse in the morning. The dogs are all fine now acting like nothing happened, Diva even ran up to Princess and licked her face a few times! [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] thanks for the heads up, that never would have crossed my mind! I will keep that in mind if I do end up needing to see a doctor!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Sorry you got bit. I got bit too last year when I broke up Wilson and Jack's fight. I made the big mistake of just reaching in and grabbing Wilson to break them up. He really didn't bite me per se I stuck my hand in and had five good size bites into my wrist. That doesn't look too bad but I bet it smarts a bit. I butterflied mine up and because my wrist bone was still sore 2-4 weeks later (can't recall now) I did go to the doc to make sure I didn't have a fracture. Wilson got my bone though. I ended up being just fine and have 5 scars on my wrist now. I just told the docs that and that was that.

Dogs aren't like people, for the most part they're done with their fights and back to normal. There's a good thread in the training section right now too.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=4081]mcraven2[/MENTION] how you feeling today?

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
oh no :( glad the babies are ok and hope your finger is feeling better!

OP
mcraven2

mcraven2

Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] its still very swollen today and stiff, but nothing serious! Looked a lot worse last night after it happened. Thanks for asking! Diva has had two timeouts so far today for growling, she will be in the best mood for a week then all of a sudden she's back to her b*tchy self!

OP
mcraven2

mcraven2

Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] thanks for telling me about that thread, I just read the whole thing. You gave a ton of helpful information, thank you! Wilson sounds a lot like my frenchie, luckily her big trigger is food which we can very easily avoid by feeding separately!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
she will be in the best mood for a week then all of a sudden she's back to her b*tchy self!

Sounds just like Banks.... keep icing the bite so the swelling stays down

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] thanks for telling me about that thread, I just read the whole thing. You gave a ton of helpful information, thank you! Wilson sounds a lot like my frenchie, luckily her big trigger is food which we can very easily avoid by feeding separately!
How's your hand today? You're very welcome too. I hope it helps some. And heck, I can even learn a few more things. I did put Wilson on a lead yesterday and it worked better than I thought. I'm going to do that with Jack too since he's really the one that gets excited, Wilson just has the triggers. There's pics of my hand booboo in the staff room you can look at.

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
How is your hand? How are the bullies? Getting along? Is the swelling down?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.