Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spoke too soon. Dogs just got in a huge fight!!

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Spoke too soon. Dogs just got in a huge fight!!

Quote Originally Posted by mcraven2 View Post
    @JeannieCO thanks for telling me about that thread, I just read the whole thing. You gave a ton of helpful information, thank you! Wilson sounds a lot like my frenchie, luckily her big trigger is food which we can very easily avoid by feeding separately!
    How's your hand today? You're very welcome too. I hope it helps some. And heck, I can even learn a few more things. I did put Wilson on a lead yesterday and it worked better than I thought. I'm going to do that with Jack too since he's really the one that gets excited, Wilson just has the triggers. There's pics of my hand booboo in the staff room you can look at.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Alix
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
    Likes (Received)

How is your hand? How are the bullies? Getting along? Is the swelling down?

RIP Samson el Torito and Petunia Belle
    May 20, 2000 - June 06, 2008 and November 16, 2004 - April 10, 2015

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

Ouch that looks like it hurts, hope you hand is feeling better today

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Melissa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@Valentine215 My hand is much better! Swelling almost completely down, just a few cuts and blood blisters left! The bullies are all good, no injuries with them thank god! And they are getting along, I just gotta keep an eye on my little frenchie around food! For such a small dog she really has a HUGE attitude!! Thanks for asking!

@Baconator its feeling much better since it happened! Thanks for asking!
    Princess, Diva, and Gio <3

Bulldog(s) Names
    Rudy and Mila
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mcraven2 View Post
    Just jinxed myself! I posted 2 days ago bragging about how good my guys have been and how I have had no fights in over a month, well thats over!! I think I was being too cocky tonight since they have been so good and didn't think twice about giving them treats together. Well Princess dropped her treat and Diva went after her, I went to break it up and Princess bit part of my hand and one of my fingers which swelled immediately. I felt so bad for Princess after because she was pretty shaken up. I'm now sitting with Princess icing my finger! Ahhhh I'm so annoyed!

This is the same finger just front and back. It swelled right when she bit me, and all those red marks are either cuts or puncture wounds! I've gotten cuts from them before, but nothing like this!!
    Attachment 39351Attachment 39352
    been there done that. Hope your hand heals quickly. I would recommend finding the right diversion thing. With Mimi and Tyler I used to pick one of them up. Kinda dangerous. With Mila and Rudy I keep a light rolled up magazine on hand. Most of the time I just have to pick it up and wave it at them. If things get too rough I smack Mila on the butt with the magazine. Mila being the bitch is usually the instigator. Rudy usually knows I am coming, Mila is deaf And can't hear me coming so One whack usually gets her attention. Since neither of them Like the rolled up Magazine, fights have been almost zero. I wish I would have figured this out when Mimi and Tyler got into it. If the rolled up. Magazine doesn't work you may want to try the can filled with a few pennies. They really hate the sound.

Bulldog Vet in Training bluesteelapd's Avatar
    Real Name
    ~Carmin~
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mona Lisa and Leonardo
    Likes (Received)

hope you feel better soon! So sorry about the fight and you getting hurt. Has to be scary for all involved.

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Glad you're feeling much better.

I'm too lazy to get my camera, otherwise, I would take a picture of my very swollen forearm after my husband's amazon parrot sunk his beak into it. Even my fingers are numb and hurts if I use it to type on the keyboard. I have never gotten bit by any of my dogs in my entire life. And I've never gotten bit by any of our 6 ball pythons. And a lot of my friends and family keep on telling me to get rid of the snakes/dogs (especially when we had dobermans) because they're going to eat me. And they keep on telling me how cool my husband's amazon is and how they all want an amazon (because he loves to sing and talk and show off). But... I've been bit a jillion times (I have a scar on my cheek even that makes me look like Alan Rickman on Robin Hood) by this idiot parrot. And I'm the one who feeds him!

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads