Tear stains starting at 10 wks old

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
So my baby (and yes I keep referring to her as my baby bc I cant settle on a name) is 10 weeks now and ive noticed on the eye where she has alot of white, shes getting some rusty colored stains. She was eating purina puppy chow but is now on Earthborn Puppy Vantage. What can I do? Shes been on this food for about 3 weeks or so.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
Tear stains are a tough one. I tried everything from filtered water, changing foods, ruling out allergies, manually trying to clear away the tear stains with Duoxo pads and Desitin treatments. I eventually landed with angel eyes, which has worked wonders on my baby boy. However, it does have an antibiotic, so I would recommend trying everything else first before resorting to this. It's not cheap either.

Here is a good thread discussing: http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...ains-revisited&highlight=tear+stain+treatment

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Tate gets those pesky tear stains too. I changed his diet to home cooked food and within weeks, i noticed a significant decrease in the stains. But now I see they've come back again. I think filtered or distilled water (for them to drink), is something to try. I just try to keep the area under his eyes dry and wipe often. Others have applied a cornstarch paste and have had success. Good luck!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.