Bully related human injuries

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
As I'm laying here cleaning the lovely scratches porky just left on my stomach (stupid squirrel in the tree) it got me thinking what is the worst injury ur bulldog has ever given u???? I'm always bruised everywhere stomach, back, legs etc lol but she's given me a bloody nose, fat lip, she dislocated my shoulder I'm either very frail or we play to hard lol!!!!! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363297059.488278.jpgexcuse the skin but that shows one of my baby bruises n the lovely scratches she just left lol!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
That doesn't look bad.. :tongue:

Currently, I have a ton of scratches and bloody puncture wounds. But the worst so far (and he's still a puppy), is the bloody lip.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
This last winter Ruggles pulled me over while walking across an icy intersection. Someone said, "Hi, Ruggles!" on the other side of the street. I bruised my knee!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Shortly after we first got HRH I tried to block her running back to her throne room to avoid going outside by stepping in front of her. I thought she broke my shin and I still have a faint bruise in the spot where her head hit me. That was 3 years ago.
I always have bruises on my legs because she greets me pretty excitedly every night when I get home from work.
Last week at the Bully Meet-up. Sammy, an 80 pound boy came up to greet me and his mamma and his head made contact with my knee. I felt the kneecap move, and at first it seemed like it might be really bad. But after a couple minutes I could tell I'd be ok. I'll have those bruises for a while too, but luckily the damage seems fairly minor.
They just don't realize their strength.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Nitschke sprained my ankle and bruised my knee-cap - i was on crutches for a week. Guess i should tell you how it happen... long story short, he was about 7 months old and we were playing in a field of leaves. He ran where I could not see him so I was running to get sight of him and he came full throttle around the corner and BAM right into my knee/shin. I literally went flying off my feet and into a pile of leaves that had a rock in it. At first, I was fine, no pain nothing; we played a few more minutes, but later that night after a shower - I could not stand up and the pain was unbearable .... to the ER we went.
Nitshcke laid on the couch with me like that for three days, did not leave me except to eat and potty. :heart:

IMG_2037.jpg

Last edited:

PsychoPixie

Feb 16, 2013
U.P of MI
Bulldog(s) Names
Eloise M.Wigglebottom
lol I'm going to be keeping my eye on this thread lol
Maybe from hearing all these stories, I will learn lol

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Started my new job with 2 huge scabs on my nose, where Vegas grabbed it as a pup. Black eye from being head butted while playing with him. Bruised tail bone from slipping on the tile and falling straight on my butt after he drank, made it hard to sit, lay, walk etc.... Numerous bruises from him just being him. My son had a split bottom lip (thought he needed stitches) from Vegas head butting him while playing..Hhmmm....I am sure there are more, just cant think right now.

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
Schultz landed a head butt that split my lip... I forget his amazing vertical leap capacity.

BarkingStella

Oct 16, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Peggy ,Stella ,Gabby
Stella got excited when I was putting her harness on ti go outside. She jumped and popped me in the nose good... Huge swollen nose and black eye!

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
I can't admit to anything more than some scratches, which when he leaps up in excitement and scrapes his paws down my thighs is painful enough ... my husband says Winston's gotten a few "lucky" shots in... if you know what I mean. I'm glad I'm a girl!

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
@porkysmamma - I'm just laughing right now because I have quite a few.

What's so funny about them is that they weren't very funny at all - at first.

The first time when he was a wee little thing, he just kept nipping me. He'd cause a little bit of blood and a lot of bruising. (see picture)

Just last month, he headbutted me in my face, on 2 separate occasions leaving pretty nasty cuts. Blood was literally streaming down my face. I cried and cried because it was such a horrific sight. And that I couldn't trust him. Since then, he's been quite gentle and seems to understand what he did wasn't cool. We've been bonding a lot lately and I feel like I've turned a corner with him.

I still only trust him 95% though. Maybe one day it'll be 100.

IMAG0357.jpg

Last edited:

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
I've only ever received cuts and bruises. However my little fatty did knock me over the other day when I got home from work and went to say hi so I'm sure many more injuries are to come lol

xsubsailor

Jan 24, 2013
West Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pickle
The biggest injury so far was when Pickle darted in front of my feet going down the stairs and down I went. Just some major bruising on the side of my leg and ribs, oh and a sore elbow. I was just happy not to fall on her.

I also have many puppy cuts and bruises from playing. The best week so far she bit my lip and put a deep scratch the length of my nose plus my eyes were swollen from allergies so it looked like I had gotten into a fight.

Good times :nhl:

OP
porkysmamma

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
I'm glad no one was seriously hurt but I'm just as glad to hear its not just me lol!!!!! I'm waiting for me or my fiancé to go a$$ over feet bcuz of her running she's like a crack head puppy when he comes home literally through the entire house as fast as those short stubby legs will carry her lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions