Bully related human injuries

GretzkysMomma

Feb 4, 2013
Richardson, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gretzky
Haha! I just took a picture earlier this evening thinking about starting the exact same topic!

I was playing with him using his blanket. I was sitting moving it up and down... Well Gretzky must be a white boy, because he can't jump! He tried biting it, but bit my arm instead... and HARD!

4e2y8e3e.jpg

Day 2: pretty bruises

apa6e6un.jpg

Last edited:

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Lots of scratches and cuts on my arms and legs from them jumping on me. And Gio has split my lip open and split the corner of my eyebrow open once. He just does not realize how strong and big he is! I have to warn people who bend down to pet him that he gets over excited and will jump up to lick your face which usually ends in his head hitting your head pretty hard!

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
This thread is too funny. Not the injuries. We sometimes put ourselves in harms way. Mimi bit my fingers many times when I did the poke thing. Used to poke her, on the side just forward of the hips where the nerves are, and try to pull my hand back before she could get it. Sometimes I made it, sometimes she would get my finger. All I had to do was say the word "Poke" and she was ready to play. Tyler didn't realize his big fat head was wider than his eyes and tried to Take my legs out from Under me many times. Many a chair went flying because of this. He also didn't know how to really play. Bruised my hand a couple times when I didn't get it out of the way fast enough when playing. My fault, don't tease/play with a Bulldog that pops the doggy tennis balls within a couuple minutes. Another thought, don't say "Kitty cat" when you are between the dog and the doggy door.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
The first injuries we got were from puppy bites, then they outgrew that, and it's scratches now, they jump on us, and we get scratched. My female Blossom likes to a running leap at you and pounce on you when your sitting or lying on the couch. We also get our feet or toes stepped on and scratched quite often. These are the everyday normal bully not on purpose injuries that just come with owning a bully. The more serious injuries have been mostly from my male Dozer, he's my jumper upper, he has to jump on everybody. My husband got a fat cut lip, a sore nose, my son got jumped on his stomach when he was sleeping on the couch and Dozer jumped on him, and my 5 year old Grandson was playing outside with Dozer and he jumped up to give him a kiss, and he knocked out my grandsons' front tooth. Thank goodness it was a baby tooth.

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
They really do not realize their strength at all!! I was sitting down at the table one day getting ready to eat dinner, Winston wanted to be next to me so badly that he came running full force and smashed my leg right into the chair! I had bruises for a while. When he was a puppy he popped hubby in the nose a few times from all the rough playing they did!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I'm used to getting bruised and scratches too. Nothing too bad though. I think the worst was when Stiggy scratched my face a little when he was a puppy and we were going to obedience classes. So it was very noticeable when they scabbed. But it was funny as there would always be a couple of us with scabby faces because of the puppies! lol.

Last edited:

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
Dexter gave me a black eye the first time. Don't ever doubt my baby's love for his momma, but since that day he will come SPRINTING at me and like slide in so he doesn't pounce on me. His main most goal is to get as close as he can without knocking me over lol!!!

Other than that, just the usual welp up bruise scratches, busted lip, etc. lol you would think we were talking about MMA wrestling it something!

Now on the other hand, if its not mr... He's wide open- he takes daddy out in the regular. He gets a good running start ad then WHAM!! Right in the back of the knees. So funny to watch but I try not to laugh because he's NOT supposed to do that.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
big Amber D comes running when I come in the door; she rakes me with those toes everyday, I think I have perminent rake marks on my legs. We all have our battle wounds from Amber but we keep going bavk for more. lol
We get more kisses from her than battle wounds.

OP
porkysmamma

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
big Amber D comes running when I come in the door; she rakes me with those toes everyday, I think I have perminent rake marks on my legs. We all have our battle wounds from Amber but we keep going bavk for more. lol
We get more kisses from her than battle wounds.

Lol that's how I end up scratched half the time she pins me to the couch to kiss me and snuggle I guess pain really is love lol!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
20130303_195327.jpgMy baby Rampage was a little too anxious to continue walking when I stopped to talk to a neighbor and he drug me around the corner of the house which is sided in stone. Healed up pretty quickly. He's given me fat lips and some scratches. My last bullbaby, Bulldozer was a big old lug that loved belly rubs and once he was sitting upright in my lap and threw his head back promptly cracking my cheekbone - he felt horrible afterwards and the ER thought I had been beaten! Took them a while to actually believe my dog had reverse head butted me.

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
2 years ago I was taking Lilly out to pee and I was ready to go back in but apparently she wasn't, so as I went one way and she went the other it pulled me to the ground in a twist, I heard & felt my knee pop. It hurt so bad the next day (sunday of course, dr's office isn't open) I went to the ER. I couldn't move it what so ever. They took xrays and said my ACL was torn and that I would need surgery. I don't think it was as bad as the doctors said though, b/c with some rest at first then 4 weeks of PT I was pretty much fine and had most of my range of motion back (I refused to go through surgery so I put all I had into it to get better and took hyaluronic acid supplements, which I think really helped me with the repairing)

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Having 3 bulldogs the worst injuries are from going in between them when they've started a fight, so stupid but what can you do:confused: One of my fingers are still a little stiff from the time about 2 years ago when our females were fighting, and my husband got bitten in his arm trying to prevent a fight last year. Our bullies would obviously never intentionally bite us, we just happened to be in the way:*( I've learned my lesson now and the few times they do start to fight I just throw a bucket of water over them regardless of where they are, it's probably not right but it works like a charm:ashamed:. Other than that it's the normal bruises and scratches from them believing they are rugby players:tongue:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online