Thread: Bully related human injuries

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Kori
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bully related human injuries

-20130303_195327-jpgMy baby Rampage was a little too anxious to continue walking when I stopped to talk to a neighbor and he drug me around the corner of the house which is sided in stone. Healed up pretty quickly. He's given me fat lips and some scratches. My last bullbaby, Bulldozer was a big old lug that loved belly rubs and once he was sitting upright in my lap and threw his head back promptly cracking my cheekbone - he felt horrible afterwards and the ER thought I had been beaten! Took them a while to actually believe my dog had reverse head butted me.
    My sunshine doesn’t come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog’s eyes.

James Hond, My Sunshine

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Ashley
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bruin & Lilly
    Likes (Received)

2 years ago I was taking Lilly out to pee and I was ready to go back in but apparently she wasn't, so as I went one way and she went the other it pulled me to the ground in a twist, I heard & felt my knee pop. It hurt so bad the next day (sunday of course, dr's office isn't open) I went to the ER. I couldn't move it what so ever. They took xrays and said my ACL was torn and that I would need surgery. I don't think it was as bad as the doctors said though, b/c with some rest at first then 4 weeks of PT I was pretty much fine and had most of my range of motion back (I refused to go through surgery so I put all I had into it to get better and took hyaluronic acid supplements, which I think really helped me with the repairing)
    "The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

Having 3 bulldogs the worst injuries are from going in between them when they've started a fight, so stupid but what can you do One of my fingers are still a little stiff from the time about 2 years ago when our females were fighting, and my husband got bitten in his arm trying to prevent a fight last year. Our bullies would obviously never intentionally bite us, we just happened to be in the way I've learned my lesson now and the few times they do start to fight I just throw a bucket of water over them regardless of where they are, it's probably not right but it works like a charm. Other than that it's the normal bruises and scratches from them believing they are rugby players
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads