Real Name
    Chas
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pickle
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bully related human injuries

The biggest injury so far was when Pickle darted in front of my feet going down the stairs and down I went. Just some major bruising on the side of my leg and ribs, oh and a sore elbow. I was just happy not to fall on her.

I also have many puppy cuts and bruises from playing. The best week so far she bit my lip and put a deep scratch the length of my nose plus my eyes were swollen from allergies so it looked like I had gotten into a fight.

Good times

Doggie Boutique Owner porkysmamma's Avatar
    Real Name
    Alicia
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Porkchop aka Porky
    Likes (Received)

I'm glad no one was seriously hurt but I'm just as glad to hear its not just me lol!!!!! I'm waiting for me or my fiancé to go a$$ over feet bcuz of her running she's like a crack head puppy when he comes home literally through the entire house as fast as those short stubby legs will carry her lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Never knew what our lives were missing until we found our princess

Real Name
    Tim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ace
    Likes (Received)

Ace has drawn blood and scratches a few times already, always when he gets excited at play

Real Name
    Crystal Morris
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gretzky
    Likes (Received)

Default Bully related human injuries

Haha! I just took a picture earlier this evening thinking about starting the exact same topic!

I was playing with him using his blanket. I was sitting moving it up and down... Well Gretzky must be a white boy, because he can't jump! He tried biting it, but bit my arm instead... and HARD!

Day 2: pretty bruises

Last edited by GretzkysMomma; 03-15-2013 at 05:04 PM.

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Melissa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Lots of scratches and cuts on my arms and legs from them jumping on me. And Gio has split my lip open and split the corner of my eyebrow open once. He just does not realize how strong and big he is! I have to warn people who bend down to pet him that he gets over excited and will jump up to lick your face which usually ends in his head hitting your head pretty hard!
    Princess, Diva, and Gio <3

Bulldog(s) Names
    Rudy and Mila
    Likes (Received)

This thread is too funny. Not the injuries. We sometimes put ourselves in harms way. Mimi bit my fingers many times when I did the poke thing. Used to poke her, on the side just forward of the hips where the nerves are, and try to pull my hand back before she could get it. Sometimes I made it, sometimes she would get my finger. All I had to do was say the word "Poke" and she was ready to play. Tyler didn't realize his big fat head was wider than his eyes and tried to Take my legs out from Under me many times. Many a chair went flying because of this. He also didn't know how to really play. Bruised my hand a couple times when I didn't get it out of the way fast enough when playing. My fault, don't tease/play with a Bulldog that pops the doggy tennis balls within a couuple minutes. Another thought, don't say "Kitty cat" when you are between the dog and the doggy door.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

The first injuries we got were from puppy bites, then they outgrew that, and it's scratches now, they jump on us, and we get scratched. My female Blossom likes to a running leap at you and pounce on you when your sitting or lying on the couch. We also get our feet or toes stepped on and scratched quite often. These are the everyday normal bully not on purpose injuries that just come with owning a bully. The more serious injuries have been mostly from my male Dozer, he's my jumper upper, he has to jump on everybody. My husband got a fat cut lip, a sore nose, my son got jumped on his stomach when he was sleeping on the couch and Dozer jumped on him, and my 5 year old Grandson was playing outside with Dozer and he jumped up to give him a kiss, and he knocked out my grandsons' front tooth. Thank goodness it was a baby tooth.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Bulldog Vet in Training Lauren31287's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

They really do not realize their strength at all!! I was sitting down at the table one day getting ready to eat dinner, Winston wanted to be next to me so badly that he came running full force and smashed my leg right into the chair! I had bruises for a while. When he was a puppy he popped hubby in the nose a few times from all the rough playing they did!

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I'm used to getting bruised and scratches too. Nothing too bad though. I think the worst was when Stiggy scratched my face a little when he was a puppy and we were going to obedience classes. So it was very noticeable when they scabbed. But it was funny as there would always be a couple of us with scabby faces because of the puppies! lol.
    Last edited by savemejeebus; 03-15-2013 at 11:43 AM.
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

Bulldog(s) Names
    Dexter
    Likes (Received)

Dexter gave me a black eye the first time. Don't ever doubt my baby's love for his momma, but since that day he will come SPRINTING at me and like slide in so he doesn't pounce on me. His main most goal is to get as close as he can without knocking me over lol!!!

Other than that, just the usual welp up bruise scratches, busted lip, etc. lol you would think we were talking about MMA wrestling it something!

Now on the other hand, if its not mr... He's wide open- he takes daddy out in the regular. He gets a good running start ad then WHAM!! Right in the back of the knees. So funny to watch but I try not to laugh because he's NOT supposed to do that.

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Priestess Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Therese Hamilton
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Amber and Ruby
    Likes (Received)

big Amber D comes running when I come in the door; she rakes me with those toes everyday, I think I have perminent rake marks on my legs. We all have our battle wounds from Amber but we keep going bavk for more. lol
    We get more kisses from her than battle wounds.

Doggie Boutique Owner porkysmamma's Avatar
    Real Name
    Alicia
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Porkchop aka Porky
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dalmatina38 View Post
    big Amber D comes running when I come in the door; she rakes me with those toes everyday, I think I have perminent rake marks on my legs. We all have our battle wounds from Amber but we keep going bavk for more. lol
    We get more kisses from her than battle wounds.
    Lol that's how I end up scratched half the time she pins me to the couch to kiss me and snuggle I guess pain really is love lol!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Never knew what our lives were missing until we found our princess

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads