Who your dog sleeps?

bcarro45

Jan 15, 2013
Pasadena,Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Beaux
I have a quick question, I have noticed that my dog will push/roll or ball up his "blankets" in his crate and sleep directly on the crate. Anyone elses dog do this or does anyone think he may be hot? We keep it relatively cold in our house.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I have a quick question, I have noticed that my dog will push/roll or ball up his "blankets" in his crate and sleep directly on the crate. Anyone elses dog do this or does anyone think he may be hot? We keep it relatively cold in our house.

Most of mine do this. Or they will bunch it up in a mess and lay on it. It's very normal, they call it nesting.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
It's completely normal. My dog always pushes his bedding out of the way. In fact, I've tried and tried to just take it out of the crate altogether, but my husband always puts it back in.

Remember, dogs don't have the same expectations of sleeping as humans do; they don't care if they have blankets and pillows and a soft mattress or not. Dogs, even Bulldogs, are perfectly happy to go to sleep on an old pile of leaves, on the linoleum floor, or in the hallway as they are the couch, a lap, or their "bed." Although, my dog does like having a pillow; he is far more likely to use a ball or a bone than something we would label a "pillow."

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Diesel doesn't like to have a blanket or pillow, he will always push it out of his way, he prefers to sleep on the cooler plastic tray in his kennel or on the cooler linoleum floor in the bathroom, kitchen or dining room but his favorite is when I leave the front door open he lays on the concrete step. My other 2 like to have a blanket or kennel mat to sleep on.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Most of mine do this. Or they will bunch it up in a mess and lay on it. It's very normal, they call it nesting. Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Yeap! Banks and Cheli both do tis all the time ^^^

Members online

No members online now.