Fun things to do with your Bully!

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
I don't know about you guys, but here in Socal it is HOT! 80 degrees right now.

I tried to find a list of fun things to do with your dog (Matilda just seems unamused by our walkies and playing right now), but most lists are not bully-appropriate, especially in the heat!

Let's start our own list. What are fun things to do with your bully?

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
Ummm sleep :rofl: ... I think you should send some heat over my way its bitter cold here :-( x

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We don't do much outside with ours usually, too hot here in the summer.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Going on a hike is always entertaining for Tate and Finn. Of course, with the heat, we start out very early in the a.m.--sometimes before 7am. Not only do they get to explore new terrain, but it's great exercise for them and for me.

Another thing to do is to take your bully for a walk at Petsmart. No need to buy anything, just window shop w/your bully. We go up/down the aisles, look at the fish tanks, check out the cat toys, and we get to see lots of other pets along the way.

Or how about a car ride? Sometimes I just pack them in the car and we go fill up the tank. Or we go to a drive thru and get their favorite dessert--McDonald's soft serve ice cream :)

After all that "strenuous" activity, it is time for a nap!

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Rumble Pig Peterson AKA Rumble
Or how about a car ride? Sometimes I just pack them in the car and we go fill up the tank. Or we go to a drive thru and get their favorite dessert--McDonald's soft serve ice cream :)

After all that "strenuous" activity, it is time for a nap!

I'm new to this. Ice cream is ok for them to eat??

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm new to this. Ice cream is ok for them to eat??

Because of the high sugar content, it's pretty much a "special treat" and an occasional one at that. Also be careful w/dairy products as can cause some stomach troubles. But for us, yes, Tate and Finn scream for ice cream!:icecream:

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Ruggles likes to go on walks and get pets from his many friends. We go downtown during the winter because the sidewalks are shoveled. We will walk in town this spring, too, because of "mud season". Summer and fall we usually walk along the creek or up at Wallowa Lake. We sometimes hike on trails, too!

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Ruggles likes to go on walks and get pets from his many friends. We go downtown during the winter because the sidewalks are shoveled. We will walk in town this spring, too, because of "mud season". Summer and fall we usually walk along the creek or up at Wallowa Lake. We sometimes hike on trails, too!

i love this idea! I imagine Ruggles gets a lot of attention!

soniastw

Mar 5, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubs
I always thought about getting a children's wading pool, since Bullies can't swim. I would totally hang out with Chubs in it. Maybe I'll actually do it this year. It's high 80's today for us.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
[MENTION=7749]ChrisRN[/MENTION] Ruggles does get a lot of attention. Some merchants come out regularly to see him, the lady from City Hall, the gas station guy...and. he does get a smile from almost everyone.

OP
hnhammond

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
I always thought about getting a children's wading pool, since Bullies can't swim. I would totally hang out with Chubs in it. Maybe I'll actually do it this year. It's high 80's today for us.

This is a GREAT idea! Too bad I live in an apartment! I'm sure Chubs would love that!

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Well this will be my bulldog Ace, he is an OEB, first summer so I'm going to have to play this by ear to see how he tolerates the heat and high humidity here in North Florida summers.

TandVsMom

Jun 26, 2012
WV
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus and Bubbers
Max LOVES a kiddie wading pool...but it's too cold here now. :(

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin

A wading pool is great, but not true that Bullies can't swim. I have two bullies who can. We have a pool and are out on the waterways a lot so my husband decided he would teach Dublin to swim and she does. Now does she love it...Nooo, but she can swim and loves the water. Tio our rescue didn't need any teaching. Again, he is new to our "water lifestyle" OF course, never, ever leave them unattended by any water. Always have life jackets for them. both dont' need them when we are all at the pool. I of course can't stress safety enough when it comes to water and our pets...
'

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.