What are some of your Bully's quirks?

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
Ellie has a few that stand out. Nothing too bad, so I'm not looking for advice....just sharing some of the funny quirks.:)

1st...When she goes potty, she'll run down the stairs, but she starts at the left side and cross over to the right side EVERY time and if you're in the way.........tough.....just keep your balance or stop to let her cross.

2nd...The entire time that she's been home (from 8 weeks) we've had 2 decorative columns about 3 feet tall on either side of the fireplace with pictures on them. Here in the past month, she's started barking like crazy at the pictures every night. We'll take the pictures down and she's fine. Put them back out and she barks.:confused:

3rd...Suckling. Ellie will suckle holes into a fleece blanket if we'd let her. She LOVES to suckle and it's almost like it's her pacifier that calms and relaxes her.

4th...When she wants to play, she'll have one of her toys and start growling like she's the most vicious thing alive. If, in her opinion, we're not paying her enough attention, she'll jump into the recliner or on the loveseat and proceed to force her toy into our face until we play with her. Note.....even if you initiate the playing, she'll think you're not giving her enough attention and try to dot your eyes.

5th...She has a malfunction.....or at least that's what we call it. She'll be fine and then all of a sudden she's rolling in circles on her back, chasing her tail, and then pauses with a crazy look in her eyes. That's when we stand up and get out of the way. She turns into the Tasmanian Devil and is running laps around the house, hurdling the recliner and loveseat, jumping onto the couch and running the length of it only to hit the armrest and clear the recliner next to it and make another lap. This goes on for a few minutes.

What are some of yours?

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Jack used to do this, especially in the evening around 8 PM it really was the worst part of the day. He'd use me as a chew toy and run the laps in the house like you mentioned. Too much energy, wished I would of had a treadmill to get him on

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Thank god we don't have any.....like after living here for a year and a half Vegas barks at the ceiling fan like he's never seen it, OCD style, and god forbid my husband put his lunch cooler on the counter, another bout of barking, and then there is the dreaded latter that we use to replace filters, hair on end barks!! He grabs his stuffies and will roll his lips like he is the biggest bad A** in the world, daring you to take them while shoving them in your face..should I go on??? :rofl:

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
2, 4, and 5 are Aubie! She BEATS me with her shark toy, head banging with it. She recently noticed shadows on the wall when we lit some candles... she barks like crazy at them. Last night the shadow of the fan on the ceiling from the light of the TV drove her to bunny hopping, trying to get it. Gotta love these crazy bullies!

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Angus would put his face on my lap when I'm going potty. Only when I'm going potty... Uhm, yeah, I know what you're going to say... what's a bulldog doing in the toilet room? I'm sure y'all know how that happens. LOL.

Bullie would poop and then run like a bat out of hell afterwards like she's trying to run from the smell. LOL!

And yes, both dogs go crazy when the vacuum cleaner is on.

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
1) Matilda walks on a collar, so when she has her seatbelt on (it's basically a padded harness, I put it on in the house and just clip her into the car from there), she will walk against the wall of the hallway until we get to the parking structure. WHY?

2) She sighs at us all the time, like we're the most exasperating people in the world to deal with. God forbid I leave the lights on when she wants to sleep, or ask her to sit, or take two seconds too long to get her dinner ready. She inhales all deeply, and sighs really dramatically, like saying, "Ughhh... Idiots."

3) She picks fights with trash bags. Not trash CANS, trash bags. You know when you fluff out the bag? She goes crazy.We're talking full-on jump attacks (with spins).

4) She apologizes if I accidentally hurt HER. For example, if I step on her (which happens at least 10 times daily, as she's always under my feet), she acts so sad and apologetic, like she's just so sorry that she caused this.

5) Matilda recently learned how to play dead. You make a gun with your fingers and say "BANG BANG" and she dies. Well since we just learned it, every time she "died", she'd get a treat. So now, when we shoot her, she pauses, snorts out of glee because a treat is coming, and THEN dies. So every time you shoot her, she goes "snortsnortsnortsnort" and THEN collapses. It's so funny.

6) She refuses to drink water straight from the tap. If it is not bottled or filtered, she will look at me like, "You cannot be serious."

I'm sure there are plenty more. Bullies are just weird personalities. Haha!

TandVsMom

Jun 26, 2012
WV
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus and Bubbers
Maximus:

1) Knows how to play fetch. Will bring you a ball or toy to throw. When you throw it, he will chase it like a maniac. Then he sits beside it and looks from you to the toy, you, the toy, you, the toy...as if to say "Here, you knucklehead. Here is the toy you lost." He NEVER brings it back. But if you walk over, pick it up, and throw it again, he will chase it. Repeat. lol

2) Has a "pet" stuffed alligator that he takes outside to potty when he goes. He will set the alligator down and then run about 10 steps away to potty. The whole time, he glancse over at the alligator repeatedly. When he is done, he will come and sit by the alligator and keep looking at it out of the corner of his eye and then looking away. After 30 seconds or so of this, he gives one short bark, picks up the gator and brings it back inside. :confused: I guess alligators need to potty, too.

3) He taught the cat to use potty bells. I don't know how, but he did.

4) He does the crazy back-scratching-growling-running all over the house thing at about 7:30 every.single.night.

5) He knows he is not supposed to eat the cat food, but he still always tries. When I catch him and say "Are you supposed to be eating that?" he will spit it back into the cat bowl and slink away, guilty-as-charged. lol

6) He hates the broom and will run and when he sees it. I've had him since he was 10 weeks old. I assure you, no abuse has ever occured, and definitely not with a broom.

7) When it is time for his medicine (specifically ear drops), he will run to his crate and close the door behind him. lol. He is currently on antibiotics. He hates them. I've tried wrapping them in cheese or pill pockets. He puts the whole thing in his mouth and rolls it around until the good stuff is gone. Then he spits the pill in the cat bowl.

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
This thread is hilarious! I don't think Mack does anything this funny!

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Omg I love this thread! Hysterical.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
1. Loves a butt scratch.
2. Loves to "check" the plants on the deck.
3. Smells the roses.
4. Occasionally lays on her back and swings her arms in the air.
5. Barks at my son when he has a hoodie on.
6. Barks at my son when I tell her to "get him".
7. Attacks the vacuum cleaner.
8. Runs from the ironing board.
9. Guards me when I take out the trash.
10. Licks my legs dry when I get out of the shower.
11. Attacks the hair dryer.
12. Loves to lick hand lotion.
13. Will sit for hours looking out the front door.
14. Tries to attack the lawn mower.
15. Loves to eat pansies.
16. Will only poop on the far end of the back porch. . .

If I think of anything else - I'll let ya know. . . . . . :p

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
1. Tubby also gets the nightly crazies. Now that he has gotten bigger he has started to bounce off the couches.

2. He will sit and bark at the drapes for hours. He has me convinced there are ghosts in our house the way he looks so intensely at them and barks.

3. After he's been fed in the morning and walked he MUST go wake up his dad. If the door is closed and he can't get in he throws a fit. Whimpering and barking. Once you open the door for him he goes wiggling in to give kisses and jump on the bed

4. If you're using the bathroom he has to come lay down on the rug. He will wiggle his butt in so your feet are longer on the carpet. And if you're showering he has to have his head in the corner to watch you. He's a lil pervert if I do say so myself.

5. Tubby will go and give the vacuum kisses. Turned on or not it gets kisses.

6. After he's finished eating he will walk over to you and burp in your face and then walks over to where his leash is.

7. If he's sleeping on my lap he will fart up a storm!!! They're the silent but deadly ones. If he's asleep on the floor no farting.

8. And lastly, we live in a building so when he's coming back from his walk and we're walking to our door he'll walk really really fast then slow right down, walk really really fast then slow right done. He does this about 4 times before we're home.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
:rofl: This thread is so funny! They really are little characters! We haven't had Mabel long enough to discover many quirks, but she prefers eating snow to drinking out of her bowl, LOVES to have her butt scratched, and seems to like having her nails done with the Dremel. My daughter said that we have a true diva--she prefers a mani/pedi with her massage!

kevi204

Nov 6, 2012
Virginia
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry
Henry goes after my flipflops or pant legs after he poops at least 90% of the time. Only happens after a poop, lol

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
5) Matilda recently learned how to play dead. You make a gun with your fingers and say "BANG BANG" and she dies. Well since we just learned it, every time she "died", she'd get a treat. So now, when we shoot her, she pauses, snorts out of glee because a treat is coming, and THEN dies. So every time you shoot her, she goes "snortsnortsnortsnort" and THEN collapses. It's so funny.

We must see a video of this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.