Does your bulldog "talk"?

D

DaisyBulldog

Daisy has this funny "humming" noise she makes when she is happy. Like when she is eating her food, eating a treat, or chewing on her deer antler. She also hums at me when we are snuggled up together. :luv:

Anyone else's bully "talk"?

IMG_4412.jpg

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
A lot of pups will grunt as I call it and will grow out of it. But some like Buddy will talk to you like Lucy [MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious[/MENTION] does. That's what we call it too, his chewbacca talk. He's too funny.

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Aubie is the most vocal dog I've ever had with all the normal and silly noises she makes. She still does stuff like this all the time:

She'll also play growl, whine, and bark if she wants you to play with her. If you rub her face, head, and ears when she is tired, she makes the cutest kinda purring/whining noise.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
Lola will kind of hum too! its like do do do do dooo when she snorts or sniffs something or us even, she makes a humming sound, we then sing back with jingle bells theme do-do-do do dooo do-do-do do do do doooooo

OP
D

DaisyBulldog

OMD Aubie is sooooooooooo cute!!!

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Abby used to talk to me all the time. She'd start the second I walked in the door from work and didn't stop until bedtime. It's one of the things I miss most about her

Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
Punk doesn't verbally talk - but man she can talk your arm off with her eyes - like "why is Missy sitting in my spot?" Now, Lilly, my corgi - she could talk your arm off - I miss that.

OP
D

DaisyBulldog

[MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION] Abby was a darling girl!!! I should try to get Daisy's humming on video.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Emma first started talking Jack. She'd flap her jaw together and make a noise. It was quite odd but she communicated with him that way to entice him to play. She now talks to me and is learning to become quite vocal.

This clip is a bit longer but the focus is out.

Wilson does what @<u><a href="http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/member.php?u=3654" target="_blank">AubreysMom</a></u> Aubie does. Aubie is so funny! :)

Last edited:

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Bacon talks all the time, especially if we are cooking something or if there is raw meat out on the counter. He will also talk if one of his toys is under a piece of furniture and he can't get to it. This is one of him talking to the 10 lbs of cow bones that [MENTION=4676]thesspa[/MENTION] was about to bake to make beef stock.

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
Oh wow I love the videos. Fergus sounds like Bacon (Wookie gargle) when he wants me to move faster when its feeding time and when he wants out of the red wagon on our walks. Bullies makes the funniest noises :luv:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Banks is ALL about the bark... no talking to be had... bark, bark, bark, bark,,,,,

Cheli (Frenchie) grumbs a lot especially when he is tired and I try to move him. It is not a growl -- it is a annoyance groan.

Nitschke use to TALK all the time -- greatest sound ever and I SO miss hearing it.

Most Reactions