Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Looking at the top pic, he is just right on his weight and looks great, you don't want a fat bully, it makes them unhealthy and shortens their life.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I agree with [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION], Atty doesn't look a bit underweight. And [MENTION=5755]hnhammond[/MENTION] gave you the perfect response. Hopefully she will get the hint.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I think he looks great! Just because she was a vet tech doesn't mean she was a good one! I would thank her for her interest and move on.

OP
KelseyandAtticus

KelseyandAtticus

Aug 8, 2012
Athens, West Virginia, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Atticus
Lol thanks for the reassurance guys...I know she was wrong, but there is still that little tiny voice in the back of your mind. Atticus might be a lot of things, but underweight is never one of them! See the cream cheese face in the first picture lol

PsychoPixie

Feb 16, 2013
U.P of MI
Bulldog(s) Names
Eloise M.Wigglebottom
Next time she says any thing, I would ask how much experience she has with bulldogs, then perhaps point out that they arnt like other breeds.
Or just do what my sister does when confronted by some one she dosent want to talk to. Scream and take off running lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He is soooooooooooo freckin adorable....

and I love [MENTION=5755]hnhammond[/MENTION] response

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
Nope nothing wrong with that angel!!!! Tell her to go study her own poo! Lol. And, Dexter only weighs right under 50# and his vet just says he's petite. Perfect and petite, lol. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363844292.507514.jpg
See he's almost 5 and weighs less. AND he had a cherry eye when he was lil, you'd know.
Make sure to ask where she worked so you don't ever go there!!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Personally I would let Chris give her his bit to shut her up once and for all, she obviously doesn't have a life "I wonder Why!!" and she is an old busy body.

Actually I like [MENTION=4688]Baconator[/MENTION] suggestion of the :poo: sack on the door.

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
Hmm. I missed this thread originally, but my initial reaction is.. a Vet Tech, Yay! And how much schooling did you have to complete for that job? Just because this person worked in a vet's office doesn't mean she is qualified to go telling other people how their pets should be.

Hopefully soon she will get the hint and leave Atticus be, unless she gives really good tummy rubs.

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Personally for me, this is a dead giveaway 'She says she used to be a vet tech' I would use that...the next time she 'crosses the line' I would say something like 'You said you used to be a Vet Tech.....and now you are doing what? (I would infer, 'oh you must of gotten FIRED for being a crappy vet tech) LOL but...hey...that is me. Maybe give her a call up in the middle of the night with some off the wall Vet Questions :p

sorry long day at work... I'm going to bed now :p zzzzzzzzz

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
I would go one further and say: Oh, I didn't know you were an expert on English Bulldogs? I find it SO annoying when someone who is not an expert on the breed tries to give advice. Then smile really big and say thanks! And walk off.

Ok, so I can be a bit of a bitchalina.
:ohmy:

Great advice from the others though.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
This was a funny read, love everyone's responses! I agree he looks just right weight wise. I meet a lot of obese bullies and people actually think they should look super plump!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

wheezer

Dec 16, 2011
MS
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus, Dexter
He looks great!! In that picture, I do not see a cherry eye. I would ignore her! She obviously does not know anything about a bulldog!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.