Nosy Neighbors

KelseyandAtticus

Aug 8, 2012
Athens, West Virginia, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Atticus
Looking for a little advice....I have a new neighbor in my building. She says she used to be a vet tech. Every time she sees Atticus she says he has a problem. The very first time she saw him she claimed he was underweight and very small. Atticus has never ever been underweight one day in his life. He's 8 months old and weighs 50 lbs. I told her how old he was and she dropped it. The next time I saw her she swore Atticus had cherry eye ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363026770.754425.jpg ...here is a good picture of his face...and today she came over and looked at poor puppy's poop before I had a chance to pick it up and basically demanded to know why it was soft. I calmly informed her that we just started a slow food switch...she wanted to know why and what brand. I don't want to be rude bc she is my neighbor and we live in a very small building, but I am afraid that it's going too far. Any advice on how to tell her politely to back off...ps I am not a fan of confrontation but it's better me than Chris who goes full on mama bear when it comes to Atticus. She's also told a few of our neighbors that she didn't think he was healthy and our neighbors were furious(at her).

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
HOW rude! Next time she offers her advice, say, "You know, I appreciate that you care so much for Atticus, but I assure you our vet says he is absolutely perfect, so I think I'm going to follow his advice."

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
yep, what everyone else said.

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
HOW rude! Next time she offers her advice, say, "You know, I appreciate that you care so much for Atticus, but I assure you our vet says he is absolutely perfect, so I think I'm going to follow his advice."

Yup this is what I would say. Your neighbor sounds crazy, good luck!!

D

DaisyBulldog

Jeesh.... she is really stepping over the line!! Nice response from hnhammond.

TonysMiss

Feb 12, 2013
Seattle Area
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Bailey

Absolutely agree with this. I would probably not be so nice, but that is me. =) If you are not a fan of confrontation, this is very polite and to the point.

Good luck!

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
You could always pick up the :poo: and leave it hanging in a bag from her door knob asking her to check it out and see how fast she stops offering her free advice :cursing:

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
Wow, tough call and even tougher situation. Not fun getting unsolicited advise from someone. I have to agree with the others. Let her know he gets full check ups and his vet says he's in tip-top shape. Geesh! Does she think she's a bully expert? I beat she doesn't even have any dogs. Good Luck!

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
I personally would let chris go mamma bear crazy style on her :rofl: ... And if shes that interested in his poop id scoop some up into a envelope and post it through her door with a sticky note saying 'hope its not too soft today' ... Nosey mare!

Haha im more of a confrontational tell it how it is person if you didnt guess :lol:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Well she should mind her own business as she doesn't know what she is talking about. He is just too cute, looks very healthy and I don't see any cherry eye in that pic. 50 lbs. at 8 months old isn't a bad weight either, but every bully is different. I would need to see a side or top pic to really tell. I think she needs to mind her own business and leave you alone. [MENTION=5755]hnhammond[/MENTION] gave you a great response and one that is better than what I'd like to tell her.

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
She's jealous of a dog!? Good luck!

Bulldogs are angels in fur coats

OP
KelseyandAtticus

KelseyandAtticus

Aug 8, 2012
Athens, West Virginia, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Atticus
Hnhammond thanks so much it seems like that is the route I will have to take. Thanks for phrasing it so eloquently...letting Chris go mama bear = no bueno. Our other neighbor called Atty ugly and Chris doesn't talk to him anymore, so I can't imagine what he would say. As much as I would love to leave an Adam Sandler type gift in front of her door ( he has a bully, so maybe that's where it cam from.thought?) I also appreciate the laughs bc i was feeling very tense about the situation. I just took this picture of Atty from the top ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363042095.564119.jpg... I would also like to say our other neighbors are great and Atty loves them. Our neighbor Ms.Maggie buys special dog treats just for Atticus and our neighbor Ms.Lisa and her son Richard buy him a toy for every holiday, not to mention lotsa luvins and tummy rubs!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online