Poop box.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
My gift to @JAKEISGREAT today:

My usual method for disposing of dog poop is to put it in a grocery bag and throw it in the trash. Not very "green", I think. Now that my dogs don't poop as much as they used to, I'm going to attempt to save the landfill from having to decompose my many plastic bags and try a poop box.

1363008643_zpsb2ca32a1.jpg

1363008663_zpsa5ee9097.jpg

We'll see how it goes.

Does anybody have some experience with this system?

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
I have a 5 gallon plastic bucket in which I drilled several holes. I collect poop from the fenced in area to put in the bucket and then dump the bucket about once a week in wooded section on my property

OP
anatess

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
I have a 5 gallon plastic bucket in which I drilled several holes. I collect poop from the fenced in area to put in the bucket and then dump the bucket about once a week in wooded section on my property

I don't have a place to dump a poop bucket. City girl. :(

I thought of composting but never really got around to making a compost bin. Besides, I don't really use fertilizer in my ornamental plants. I got native plants so I can just stick them in the ground and hope they survive.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I'm confused. I get that's a garbage can with the bottom cut out? What's with the drain cleaner? That can't be part of the process can it?

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
I don't think the roto rooter is a drain cleaner. It's enzymes that help decompose fecal matter. It's used in septic tanks to enable the crap to decompose better

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
:hmm: This has me thinking! I use at least 4 bags a day! 2 in the am and 2-3 in the pm! With 3 dogs I have a lot of poop to pick up!

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Rumble Pig Peterson AKA Rumble
Is this a homemade version of the ones you can buy in stores? My husband and I were just looking at a system like this for purchase in Lowes over the weekend. It said you have to buy tablets to be put in it weekly.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
:hmm: This has me thinking! I use at least 4 bags a day! 2 in the am and 2-3 in the pm! With 3 dogs I have a lot of poop to pick up!

That's what I'm thinking too. With my 3 plus always having a foster I do a LOT of cleaning up out there. And one of mine is a Great Dane! :eek:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
THey act like a septic tank that rural homes use. The additives that you add provide the necessary enzymes, etc. That are needed to break the poo down. Otherwise you end up with a bucket of poo... lol AND... you can't use them in Clay like we have in our yard. Can you tell I looked into installing one? lol

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Depending on your number of dogs and the amount of poop get one to several 5 gallon buckets, drill some holes in them to allow water to escape and then dump in wooded area. If no wooded areas near by then during the wee hours dump in a relatively nearby neighbors yard when they ain't watching

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Depending on your number of dogs and the amount of poop get one to several 5 gallon buckets, drill some holes in them to allow water to escape and then dump in wooded area. If no wooded areas near by then during the wee hours dump in a relatively nearby neighbors yard when they ain't watching

OH,, the one I was talking about you dig a hole for it to remain in

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
That's what I'm thinking too. With my 3 plus always having a foster I do a LOT of cleaning up out there. And one of mine is a Great Dane! :eek:

I have the pups go on concrete so its easier than picking it up from grass! But the concrete are slotted pavers Grrrrr when the poop gets stuck in the creases ugghhh drives me nuts!

- - - Updated - - -

OH,, the one I was talking about you dig a hole for it to remain in

Thats a good idea so you dont have to worry about dumping it!!!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:eek:
[MENTION=2874]anatess[/MENTION]..I was afraid to look at this!! :ROFL:

Like Doggie Dooley Systems.our house had one when we moved in...but we don't use it! :hmm:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.