What works best for removing dog hair from clothing?

kevi204

Nov 6, 2012
Virginia
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry
I must have overlooked the "shedding" part when doing my research before purchasing a Bulldog, lol.
Henry is 6 months now and im going to get that Kong Zoom Groom this week and start brushing him. I use the cheap sticky rollers from dollar stores for my clothing but that doesn't really do the job very well. Anything that you would recommend?

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Let us know when you find a solution Please!!!! LOL....
I think that is something that we all just assume, that they dont shed, because the hair is short. Boy is that a wrong assumption!!!! I just washed a bunch of HRH's stuff this morning and I think I could weave another bully from the hair I took out of the dryer screen! Always make sure you wash their stuff separately.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
I brush the dogs' hair every morning which lessens the amount of hair they shed in the house. I have a bichon which is a high-maintenance dog - requires daily brushing on his puffy white hair. But, even without getting brushed, you can put the white bichon on your black cashmere and you wouldn't find dog hair on it. But, you sit on the couch, stand up, and you'll have bulldog hair on your butt - even when the dog don't go on the couch!

Out of all the lint removers I've had, the one that worked the best is packaging tape. Yep.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I find that using the dryer to dry (I used to hang dry), worked best.

And I must have a sticky roller in every floor of the house, in my car and at work. For drool, just clean with a little water. It usually rubs off easily.

OP
K

kevi204

Nov 6, 2012
Virginia
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry
I brush the dogs' hair every morning which lessens the amount of hair they shed in the house. I have a bichon which is a high-maintenance dog - requires daily brushing on his puffy white hair. But, even without getting brushed, you can put the white bichon on your black cashmere and you wouldn't find dog hair on it. But, you sit on the couch, stand up, and you'll have bulldog hair on your butt - even when the dog don't go on the couch!

Out of all the lint removers I've had, the one that worked the best is packaging tape. Yep.

Good tip, being that i'm moving out in a couple of weeks i'll be picking up some packaging tape anyways

OP
K

kevi204

Nov 6, 2012
Virginia
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry
On a side note: My new favorite color is light gray. My old favor color was Blue, but not so much anymore, lol.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I use the regular sticky rolls...I also use the dryer which helps a lot!

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
If you work in an office that uses fedex take the plastic sleeves that you put the labels in they work great. You can put it on your hand like a glove and peel off the paper so the sticky part is exposed. Fedex gives them to you for free as well!!!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

I didn't think Bichon's shed.... they have hair not fur, right? And, PACKAGING tape rules for lifting hair!

marianne

May 17, 2012
WV
Bulldog(s) Names
Jenna
The furminator is a deshedding tool and works great...I also have the zoom groom it doesn't work that well for me...that's a lie I give it to Jenna to chew on while I use the Furminator...I found the Furminator alot cheaper on Amazon than in the pet store..

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
i use tape, the furminator, the clothes dryer, the vacuum, the Schticky, washing the dogs and brushilng them regularly helpls as well, and having leather furniture, because you can just wipe it off,

ame16

Oct 18, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Eleanor ('Elly')
Feed raw! :D

Seriously, though, after Elly got adjusted she started shedding a LOT less. She still sheds a lot, though.

TonysMiss

Feb 12, 2013
Seattle Area
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Bailey
Might want to try a moist cloth. You can use a sponge, washcloth, or even dampen your hand. Rub the area and it usually will create a "ball" of hair and you can toss it. I use that method A LOT because I also have 2 cats that get on EVERYTHING!! lol

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.