Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What works best for removing dog hair from clothing?

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: What works best for removing dog hair from clothing?

i use tape, the furminator, the clothes dryer, the vacuum, the Schticky, washing the dogs and brushilng them regularly helpls as well, and having leather furniture, because you can just wipe it off,
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Real Name
    Anthony
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Eleanor ('Elly')
    Likes (Received)

Feed raw!

Seriously, though, after Elly got adjusted she started shedding a LOT less. She still sheds a lot, though.

Real Name
    Heidi
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Miss Bailey
    Likes (Received)

Might want to try a moist cloth. You can use a sponge, washcloth, or even dampen your hand. Rub the area and it usually will create a "ball" of hair and you can toss it. I use that method A LOT because I also have 2 cats that get on EVERYTHING!! lol
    I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. ~Gilda Radner

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    i use tape, the furminator, the clothes dryer, the vacuum, the Schticky, washing the dogs and brushilng them regularly helpls as well, and having leather furniture, because you can just wipe it off,

You put you bullies in the clothes dryer to help cut down on shedding too huh

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Priestess Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Therese Hamilton
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Amber and Ruby
    Likes (Received)

Well now.......I have business suits to wear to work and what have I found that works the best...........keep the suits in the plastic and change in the bathroom at work. Yeap. I leave the house in jeans, everyday, get to work and on my way to the office I go in the bathroom and change into my suit. At 4pm I go back into the bathroom change and go home. I do have many lint rollers and such but I never worry about the jeans or anything like that for my daily running around clothes. Funny thing, my husband works in the court system and he just recently adopted my system. Up until then he was running through lint rollers everyother day. lol Another funny thing is he takes Amber to work with him twice a week and everyone plays with her to include the judges so when it comes court time you see everyone in the courthouse with a lint roller. No one escapes Ambers fur!!!

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Chris
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Baconator View Post
    You put you bullies in the clothes dryer to help cut down on shedding too huh
    You are so bad! I use all of the above. But none of my clothes are complete without dog hair!

"Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them and
    filling an emptiness we didn't even know we had."

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dalmatina38 View Post
    Well now.......I have business suits to wear to work and what have I found that works the best...........keep the suits in the plastic and change in the bathroom at work. Yeap. I leave the house in jeans, everyday, get to work and on my way to the office I go in the bathroom and change into my suit. At 4pm I go back into the bathroom change and go home. I do have many lint rollers and such but I never worry about the jeans or anything like that for my daily running around clothes. Funny thing, my husband works in the court system and he just recently adopted my system. Up until then he was running through lint rollers everyother day. lol Another funny thing is he takes Amber to work with him twice a week and everyone plays with her to include the judges so when it comes court time you see everyone in the courthouse with a lint roller. No one escapes Ambers fur!!!

That's awesome, share the wealth with everyone else lol

agingermom's minion and cabana boy Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    jimmy
    Country
    Scotland .
    Bulldog(s) Names
    diesel - paisley & nula
    Likes (Received)

Clippers or sheep sheers

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    I didn't think Bichon's shed.... they have hair not fur, right? And, PACKAGING tape rules for lifting hair!
    Actually, there is no chemical difference between hair and fur. The difference is merely a nomenclature. We call this keratin protein outgrowth as hair when it is on a human, we call it fur when it is on a non-mammal. We call it whisker if it is around a non-mammal's mouth, we call it mustache if it is on a human's mouth. Etc. Okay, English is only my 3rd language, so I'm not very good with nomenclature. It took some study for me before I remember to call it mustache instead of beard. LOL. But yeah, a lot of people call it hair instead of fur because unlike bulldogs for example, bichon hair keeps on growing. Technically, it stops growing... it's just that the "stoppage point" of bichon hair is a lot longer than other dogs and the show "look" of the bichon is shorter than the "stoppage point" (as opposed to say, the pekingese who sports his full length outer coat for show).

Bichons still do shed. But, because of the way the fur grows on a bichon, the hair that is shed gets trapped instead of dropped. A bichon grows "guard hairs" around the time they turn 1 year old (also called a double-coat). The guard hairs are coarse fur that grows over the soft fur on a bichon's back which causes the hair to curl and act as a trap for loose hair. This is why bichons have to be brushed everyday because the loose hair will end up getting matted into the coarse hair which can cause discomfort, pain, and in extreme cases, hematoma. And bichons are not really "hypoallegenic" either. It's just that the dander gets trapped on the guard hair as well. And because most people brush their bichons regularly, the saliva deposit on the hair gets brushed out with it. But, a person who is allergic to dogs would still have a reaction when doing the daily bichon brushing maintenance. So, I always tell people who have allergies who wants to have a bichon for its "hypoallergenic" qualities - unless you can assign somebody else in your house to brush your dog's hair daily, don't get a bichon.

And this is probably a lot more info on the bichon than anybody cares for. LOL. I love my bichon just as much as I love my bulldogs.

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

General Jackson

What is a good size for bulldogs? I see several different sizes and want to make sure and get the correct one...

Quote Originally Posted by marianne View Post
    The furminator is a deshedding tool and works great...I also have the zoom groom it doesn't work that well for me...that's a lie I give it to Jenna to chew on while I use the Furminator...I found the Furminator alot cheaper on Amazon than in the pet store..

Pet Sitter Become a 4 Paw Member BrooklynStar's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I was using lint rollers but have since switched to the "Sticky Buddy", it's one of those "As Seen on TV" products but it really works and is reusable as well. I think it works better than most lint rollers out there. Google it and check it out.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by anatess View Post
    Actually, there is no chemical difference between hair and fur. The difference is merely a nomenclature. We call this keratin protein outgrowth as hair when it is on a human, we call it fur when it is on a non-mammal. We call it whisker if it is around a non-mammal's mouth, we call it mustache if it is on a human's mouth. Etc. Okay, English is only my 3rd language, so I'm not very good with nomenclature. It took some study for me before I remember to call it mustache instead of beard. LOL. But yeah, a lot of people call it hair instead of fur because unlike bulldogs for example, bichon hair keeps on growing. Technically, it stops growing... it's just that the "stoppage point" of bichon hair is a lot longer than other dogs and the show "look" of the bichon is shorter than the "stoppage point" (as opposed to say, the pekingese who sports his full length outer coat for show).

Bichons still do shed. But, because of the way the fur grows on a bichon, the hair that is shed gets trapped instead of dropped. A bichon grows "guard hairs" around the time they turn 1 year old (also called a double-coat). The guard hairs are coarse fur that grows over the soft fur on a bichon's back which causes the hair to curl and act as a trap for loose hair. This is why bichons have to be brushed everyday because the loose hair will end up getting matted into the coarse hair which can cause discomfort, pain, and in extreme cases, hematoma. And bichons are not really "hypoallegenic" either. It's just that the dander gets trapped on the guard hair as well. And because most people brush their bichons regularly, the saliva deposit on the hair gets brushed out with it. But, a person who is allergic to dogs would still have a reaction when doing the daily bichon brushing maintenance. So, I always tell people who have allergies who wants to have a bichon for its "hypoallergenic" qualities - unless you can assign somebody else in your house to brush your dog's hair daily, don't get a bichon.

And this is probably a lot more info on the bichon than anybody cares for. LOL. I love my bichon just as much as I love my bulldogs.

This one seemed like it needed Double head bangs!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads