rawhide bones

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
I agree with everyone's sentiment regarding rawhide, if you actually read how they are made you wouldn't want to give it to your bully.

adamslater

Dec 6, 2012
Sudbury, ON
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Same as post #9...used to give Winston elk antler until he swallowed a shard, a very small one too. He got very sick and didn't poop for three days...didn't want to eat. Once he passed it he was fine but I don't ever want to go through that again.

Last edited:

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
@heavyblankets bully sticks are bad too. Chocking hazard.

To be fair, it totally depends on the dog. You know me more than anyone will never give a bully stick to my bulldog again. (My bully (Remi) is ridiculous and swallowed an entire 1 foot bully stick. There is a thread somewhere I made. I was fortunate to be able to find the last inch in his mouth and pull the whole thing out.) Remi has this strange oral obsession that I think is excessive even for a bulldog. Some breeds may handle one of these fine, but whatever new toys you give your bully, you just really have to supervise. He is now able to handle things he couldn't before when he was younger, so it could be an age thing as well. If your bulldog gags when chewing on toys and such, that's a sure sign he can't handle it. I'm not going to sit there and say it's off the market for everyone like rawhides. But eventually you will come to terms on risk vs. reward.

Here are some things we think are tried and true:

Antlers (though to be honest Remi does ignore them most of the time)
Ever lasting treat ball in vanilla mint (because Remi is allergic to beef/chicken)
kong toys that we fill with healthy treats
beef marrow - awesome, but messy (worked awesome with Remi, until we realized he was allergic)
Water bottle toys. HUGE hit in our house, but you have to supervise with the stuffed animals.
Stuffed animals. Remi doesn't destroy them like some bullies do, but we get the stuffingless or ultra durable ones.

Hope this helps!!

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
hi......i posted this on bulldog health i thought, but it's not there, so reposting here......i see where some give nylabones to their bullies, i do also but notice where it says that small rice size pieces can come off while chewing, this makes me uneasy , then i read reviews other places telling these horrible stories about how nyla bones cause problems with their dogs....my bulldog loves them so much......but want to make sure i'm doing the right thing by letting him have them. thanks

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Never, Ever give your bully rawhides, not only for allergy reason's, they just are not safe!! they get chewy and slimy and your bully can swallow and choke!! Just a reminder!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.