ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
We had Mabel's surgery a week and a half ago. She's been doing well except for the " crusties" on her nose that have not been helped by the recommendation of a warm wet q-tip. I know I called the vet a lot in the immediate few days after the surgery but was not told that the drainage would actually close a nostril. In other words, the vet tech didn't give me the full picture when I picked her up from her surgery. As of Wednesday evening, she was doing very well and we were sure she was on the mend. Through this all she has been breathing so much better. Then yesterday she started having difficulty when she inhaled, like she was struggling to pull air in. I called the vet this morning and they are working her in today, but I am a bit frustrated. I got the impression they think I am an alarmist who calls unnecessarily all the time. I don't do this. I feel like I am on the defensive going into this appointment. I am frustrated because through all of this I have only been able to talk to vet techs, and never once to the vet.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Well hope they can see her today, a bresthing problem is nothing to play with, and if your vet won't talk to you then I would look for another vet. One who cares.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Just like our kids AND other family members..Chris..you do what you need to do! They can't speak up so we have to. And if you get the impression you are wasting anyone's time...it's time for a heart to heart with the vet. He works for you after all..and sure will take your money, so it's not unreasonable to expect good follow up!

Trod1

Jul 2, 2012
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
Olive, Oscar
Hope you and Mabel feel better after her appointment. Let us know how it goes :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well hope they can see her today, a bresthing problem is nothing to play with, and if your vet won't talk to you then I would look for another vet. One who cares.

Just like our kids AND other family members..Chris..you do what you need to do! They can't speak up so we have to. And if you get the impression you are wasting anyone's time...it's time for a heart to heart with the vet. He works for you after all..and sure will take your money, so it's not unreasonable to expect good follow up!

Could not agree with the above two statements more....... please keep us posted on how Mabel is doing! Hugs and prayers !

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Chris, I'm so sorry THIS is adding to the worry & frustration of Mabel's
recuperation. It shouldn't be this way, Hun...you have EVERY right to be
concerned if Mabel's breathing is constricted in any way
:eek:, all of us would
be reacting the same and not happy! As you know, not every surgery is perfect
& cookie cutter recoup...not at all. I know you've got the experience to know
when things need to be addressed further, you got backbone, Mama Bear and
remember, you've got all of us behind you!

March in there in full confidence, calmly demand the VET's full attention and get
your baby's nose taken care of...you are not over reacting! Sure hope I don't
have to come help you open a can of 'whoop a$$' on those fools...cause you
know I will
:2thumbs: Keeping y'all in prayer, my lovelies, Carol

OP
ChrisRN

ChrisRN

Jan 10, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I feel much better after seeing the vet (and not the tech). We were afraid when we got there she would be fine and we'd look like idiots for worrying. He found a huge suture that was hanging down in the back of her throat and a lot of mucous around it and in her respiratory passages. He removed the suture and gave her guiafenisen that will clear the mucous. I KNEW there was a problem! She's sleeping like a baby in the car on the way home. Thanks for letting me vent.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I feel much better after seeing the vet (and not the tech). We were afraid when we got there she would be fine and we'd look like idiots for worrying. He found a huge suture that was hanging down in the back of her throat and a lot of mucous around it and in her respiratory passages. He removed the suture and gave her guiafenisen that will clear the mucous. I KNEW there was a problem! She's sleeping like a baby in the car on the way home. Thanks for letting me vent.

:clap:

And this is why we are ok to bitch! Good job momma!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cool ,glad she is better now, poor baby will sleep better now she can breath. Good job mama.

OP
ChrisRN

ChrisRN

Jan 10, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Cool ,glad she is better now, poor baby will sleep better now she can breath. Good job mama.

Yep, David! Out like a light! :babysleep:
sleepy dog.jpg

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Awwww sweet baby girl.

Trod1

Jul 2, 2012
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
Olive, Oscar
Awww.. Poor Baby Girl- Glad you stayed persistent and she is feeling so much better!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
yes never feel bad for checking up on your baby. i have done this with sarah and i have caught things early and saved her life a couple of times. im so glad she is feeling better. :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.