The most frustrating thing

Gfitz911

Aug 9, 2012
Long Beach, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Koozer
By all accounts, Koozer is the perfect 1 year old. Except for this one thing...he makes the magnetic strip from the bottom of his doggie door, disappear! This is the third door we've gotten (replaced) because the magnetic strip goes bye-bye. We look everywhere in our yard because I refuse to believe that this bully "likes" magnets or that he can even eat it! It is a solid piece, nearly a foot long, hard as rock, and we have never found bits of it anywhere, even in his poop (sad, but yes I check). He acts completely normal, poops normal, eats normal (like a piggy), and drinks normal. My perfect puppy (who chews on nothing but his toys and occasional tree branch) is not so perfect...I'm in tears out of frustration!!! Guess we are taking a trip to the vet to see if he has been storing magnets in his belly...ugghhh!:cursing:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Hope he didn't eat them and it remains a mystery where they went. Oh and perhaps trying a different kind of doggie door would be the way to go from here too.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
A foot long!!! Well I am keeping everything crossed that he didn't eat it!!!

whitebronc

Jan 2, 2013
So Cal
Bulldog(s) Names
Ike
I hope he did not eat just took it hid it from you. Its to find out with an x-ray.

I wonder if you can get a small piece of metal and see if he will lay down on it then call him and see if it sticks to his belly? or Maybe he is building you something ??

Just playing, I hope they just missing and you find them soon.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I would think if he's been eating them you would've seen pieces during cleanup by now. He's probably just found himself a really good hiding spot. Keeping my fingers crossed that I'm right.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Mack and Chester ripped the magnetic strip off one of our pet doors; they were playing tug with it when we got home. Koozer must have found a perfect hiding place for his contraband! We now have a PLEXIDOR, no magnetic strip, just really strong hinges!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
UH OH.... so hope they are not in him! paws and fingers crossed for a good result. Keep us posted

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Yikes!

Yeah, I've had one experience with a dog from waaaaayyy back when who ate a strip of pvc plumbing - crushed it and ate it. So, I wouldn't put it past these dogs on what they can eat!

But, yeah, it's probably a better likelihood that he hid it in his "treasure trove".

I got 10 fingers and 10 toes crossed!

OP
Gfitz911

Gfitz911

Aug 9, 2012
Long Beach, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Koozer
I'm hoping you are all right about him hiding it. Of course, it was dark last night so I couldn't really search in the yard for it. I tried looking with a flashlight, but of course that's a disaster because Koozer just loves to chase lights! I couldn't find a magnetic strip with a wild and crazed bulldog running into my light!!!! Anyhoo, we have a vet appt tomorrow, so i'll keep you posted what we find. It feels like a "Nightmare Before Christmas" Christmas...what are we going to find in his belly?!?

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh wow hoping its just hid in the yard which sounds more plausable to me. perhaps a new kind of door is in order. let us know what the vet says. :blink:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.