Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Hi
After advice I got rid of the dog collar and got one of those julius k9 dog harnesses. It looks great on, glows in the dark, change the name on the sides etc but when I took him out he kept spinning round and going for the dog lead, not aggressively more thinking its a game.
After 20 mins in the cold I gave in and put his collar back on and away we went.

Any idea's

OP
jimmyjj

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
I ll give it a go tomorrow after work and see how I go.
After having Staffordshire bull terriers I am used to the harness but the position of where the lead goes on the K9 is more nearer to the middle than the back of the neck. Hope I had it on right.

OP
jimmyjj

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
It's because the lead connects to the back of the harness. Try for a few times to use the collar and the harness with a lead on each and slowly lessen the tension on the collar in favour for the harness.

oh and pics please....we have the ferplast harnesses but Im thinking if the J-9 because I can get Lucy a lovely candy pink one. :)

After letting diesel wear both then switching to the K9 he now walks great on the harness.
Was at the park earlier and it's not very warm up her so I had my hands in my pockets. Diesel ran behind me then to the other side, as I stepped over him I slipped and fell. He though it was a game and was jumping all over me.
Covered in mud I slowly walked round the park with my kids laughing

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.