Acadia Antlers - AWESOME!

xsubsailor

Jan 24, 2013
West Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pickle
Great timing on this post, I just looked at thier web site and they will be at the SUPER PET EXPO Chantilly VA March 15, 16, 17!! I always like to see the products before I purchase. Right now we have a deer antler, which Pickle loves to chew on for hours - makes my jaw tired just watching her.

OP
mdn525

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
Great timing on this post, I just looked at thier web site and they will be at the SUPER PET EXPO Chantilly VA March 15, 16, 17!! I always like to see the products before I purchase. Right now we have a deer antler, which Pickle loves to chew on for hours - makes my jaw tired just watching her.

Oh my gosh! If you go and find Acadias booth, please tell Carol, Melissa and Petunia say Hi! I've just talked to her via email, but she was so nice!

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
[MENTION=5602]mdn525[/MENTION] I ordered two of them yesterday and it's really funny because the lady that sells them runs the business out of her house and its in the town that I grew up in a few blocks away. I told her next time I'll just pick them up when I'm visiting my parents

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
@JAKEISGREAT @mdn525 does the marrow side break down and make a huge mess? I was going to get one for Bacon but wasn't sure what would happen to that side of it.

yes and YES - even the Unsplit ELK, once they get it down to the marrow part gets messy. It takes them a while to get an end chewed down, but once they do, its like Grind City...and that Antler doesnt have a chance ! LOL Hershey can grind down an inch or 2 a week on his.

I dont recommend the splits, as they tend to get very sharp, and all of the marrow goes everywhere, and once the marrow is gone, my pups lose interest. Definately shop around for Antlers - Pet Smart is rather expensive for theirs.

and Different antlers have different flavors, Hershey and Gizmo werent too interested in the Moose, but LOVE the Elk.

Last edited:
OP
mdn525

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
@mdn525 I ordered two of them yesterday and it's really funny because the lady that sells them runs the business out of her house and its in the town that I grew up in a few blocks away. I told her next time I'll just pick them up when I'm visiting my parents

Wow, what a small world!!! I love supporting small businesses rather then the big-box stores when possible. Let me know how Bacon likes the antlers :D

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21362852719.717968.jpgloving his new antler

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
Amazing what a difference there is between antlers. I've definitely had some way better than others. I know a lot of people don't like the split, but my DAWGS love the split..it's all about the marrow..! Glad you found some you like! Errrrrr Tuni likes! :laugh:

!! We bought an elk antler than Remi pretty much ignores. I'm definitely going to give this a try - thanks, [MENTION=5602]mdn525[/MENTION]!

OP
mdn525

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
That was one of the giant ones that was 50 bucks, I got him one of the extra larges too but that one is small compared to the one in the pic. That one is HUGE

It looks huge! Awesome! Next time i'll have to splurge! :D

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.