Acadia Antlers - AWESOME!

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
I recently bought Tuni a moose antler from Acadia Antlers and these antlers don't event touch the Elk antlers I've purchased for her in the past! She LOVE'S this thing, won't put it down. I got her a large "split" antler, which just has the one side open and gives them a stronger scent of the antler.

Tuni is just 9 months old and I think this is a good size for her for now. If your bully is full grown, maybe go for a XL or bigger! The owner, Carol is super nice and very helpful!

If you have a chewer, you've got to try these antlers!!!!

Here's a picture of Tuni with her new favorite antler:
image (1).jpg

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Amazing what a difference there is between antlers. I've definitely had some way better than others. I know a lot of people don't like the split, but my DAWGS love the split..it's all about the marrow..! Glad you found some you like! Errrrrr Tuni likes! :laugh:

OP
mdn525

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
Amazing what a difference there is between antlers. I've definitely had some way better than others. I know a lot of people don't like the split, but my DAWGS love the split..it's all about the marrow..! Glad you found some you like! Errrrrr Tuni likes! :laugh:

I couldn't believe the difference! This was dark brown and HEAVY! I liked this split better then how my Elk's were split...this is just the side of the antler - maybe 1/2'' of open marrow, not totally split down the center. She loves it and Mommy does too, keeps her busy! :D

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
My pup loves teething on his antler (the one from petco)but I've been looking for something bigger.
Thanks for the recommendation. Just checked them out and bookmarked their page.

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Thanks for the info, I am going to check those out right now. We are in need of a new antler!

G

General Jackson

Where do you buy these from?
I recently bought Tuni a moose antler from Acadia Antlers and these antlers don't event touch the Elk antlers I've purchased for her in the past! She LOVE'S this thing, won't put it down. I got her a large "split" antler, which just has the one side open and gives them a stronger scent of the antler.

Tuni is just 9 months old and I think this is a good size for her for now. If your bully is full grown, maybe go for a XL or bigger! The owner, Carol is super nice and very helpful!

If you have a chewer, you've got to try these antlers!!!!

Here's a picture of Tuni with her new favorite antler:
View attachment 38624

- - - Updated - - -

Duh just read where 😜

G

General Jackson

So did u get a large? My Jackson is 3 months but I don't want to buy one that too small.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] [MENTION=5602]mdn525[/MENTION] does the marrow side break down and make a huge mess? I was going to get one for Bacon but wasn't sure what would happen to that side of it.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
@JAKEISGREAT @mdn525 does the marrow side break down and make a huge mess? I was going to get one for Bacon but wasn't sure what would happen to that side of it.

The ones we've gotten in the past sure didn't ! The marrow is what they are after and they just chomp on it until its just the antler. Marrow is hard too. I have heard people have had splitting issues with the split ones. Think they dry out sooner. We have never had that and honestly once the marrow is gone...it's not nearly as crack like! :ROFL:

OP
mdn525

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
So did u get a large? My Jackson is 3 months but I don't want to buy one that too small.

Hi! Yes, I bought size Large...I would say either Medium or Large would be good! Tuni always seemed to like her chews bigger, even as a pup!

OP
mdn525

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
@JAKEISGREAT @mdn525 does the marrow side break down and make a huge mess? I was going to get one for Bacon but wasn't sure what would happen to that side of it.

Hi [MENTION=4688]Baconator[/MENTION]! No the marrow doesn't break down at all. It's almost like she's just grinding it down. The elk ones that I've bought in the past that were split did make quite a mess, I think it was because they were so dried out. These are 100% fresh - you can tell the difference right away!

OP
mdn525

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
Hi @Baconator! No the marrow doesn't break down at all. It's almost like she's just grinding it down. The elk ones that I've bought in the past that were split did make quite a mess, I think it was because they were so dried out. These are 100% fresh - you can tell the difference right away!

Also, if you look at the picture I posted - the "split" part of the antler is the part that is laying flat against the blanket...if that helps :)

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I couldn't believe the difference! This was dark brown and HEAVY! I liked this split better then how my Elk's were split...this is just the side of the antler - maybe 1/2'' of open marrow, not totally split down the center. She loves it and Mommy does too, keeps her busy! :D

I've been getting the Elk for some time and have wondered about the Moose, thanks for the insight, I will try the Moose next time i place an order

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online