Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Acadia Antlers - AWESOME!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Petunia aka "Tuni"
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Acadia Antlers - AWESOME!

Quote Originally Posted by Baconator View Post
    @JAKEISGREAT @mdn525 does the marrow side break down and make a huge mess? I was going to get one for Bacon but wasn't sure what would happen to that side of it.
    Hi @Baconator! No the marrow doesn't break down at all. It's almost like she's just grinding it down. The elk ones that I've bought in the past that were split did make quite a mess, I think it was because they were so dried out. These are 100% fresh - you can tell the difference right away!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Petunia aka "Tuni"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mdn525 View Post
    Hi @Baconator! No the marrow doesn't break down at all. It's almost like she's just grinding it down. The elk ones that I've bought in the past that were split did make quite a mess, I think it was because they were so dried out. These are 100% fresh - you can tell the difference right away!
    Also, if you look at the picture I posted - the "split" part of the antler is the part that is laying flat against the blanket...if that helps

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

I couldn't believe the difference! This was dark brown and HEAVY! I liked this split better then how my Elk's were split...this is just the side of the antler - maybe 1/2'' of open marrow, not totally split down the center. She loves it and Mommy does too, keeps her busy!

I've been getting the Elk for some time and have wondered about the Moose, thanks for the insight, I will try the Moose next time i place an order
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Real Name
    Chas
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pickle
    Likes (Received)

Great timing on this post, I just looked at thier web site and they will be at the SUPER PET EXPO Chantilly VA March 15, 16, 17!! I always like to see the products before I purchase. Right now we have a deer antler, which Pickle loves to chew on for hours - makes my jaw tired just watching her.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Petunia aka "Tuni"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by xsubsalior View Post
    Great timing on this post, I just looked at thier web site and they will be at the SUPER PET EXPO Chantilly VA March 15, 16, 17!! I always like to see the products before I purchase. Right now we have a deer antler, which Pickle loves to chew on for hours - makes my jaw tired just watching her.
    Oh my gosh! If you go and find Acadias booth, please tell Carol, Melissa and Petunia say Hi! I've just talked to her via email, but she was so nice!

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

@mdn525 I ordered two of them yesterday and it's really funny because the lady that sells them runs the business out of her house and its in the town that I grew up in a few blocks away. I told her next time I'll just pick them up when I'm visiting my parents

Oogle Me on Google Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

@JAKEISGREAT @mdn525 does the marrow side break down and make a huge mess? I was going to get one for Bacon but wasn't sure what would happen to that side of it.
    yes and YES - even the Unsplit ELK, once they get it down to the marrow part gets messy. It takes them a while to get an end chewed down, but once they do, its like Grind City...and that Antler doesnt have a chance ! LOL Hershey can grind down an inch or 2 a week on his.

I dont recommend the splits, as they tend to get very sharp, and all of the marrow goes everywhere, and once the marrow is gone, my pups lose interest. Definately shop around for Antlers - Pet Smart is rather expensive for theirs.

and Different antlers have different flavors, Hershey and Gizmo werent too interested in the Moose, but LOVE the Elk.
    Last edited by RaRett; 03-08-2013 at 01:10 PM.

Real Name
    Chas
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pickle
    Likes (Received)

Oh my gosh! If you go and find Acadias booth, please tell Carol, Melissa and Petunia say Hi! I've just talked to her via email, but she was so nice!
    will do!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Petunia aka "Tuni"
    Likes (Received)

@mdn525 I ordered two of them yesterday and it's really funny because the lady that sells them runs the business out of her house and its in the town that I grew up in a few blocks away. I told her next time I'll just pick them up when I'm visiting my parents
    Wow, what a small world!!! I love supporting small businesses rather then the big-box stores when possible. Let me know how Bacon likes the antlers

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

-imageuploadedbytapatalk-21362852719-717968-jpgloving his new antler

Real Name
    Theresa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Agnes
    Likes (Received)

I just ordered the medium moose for my 9 week old pup!

Arts'y bulldog farts'y Become a 4 Paw Member ModernFemme's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jane
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Remington (Remi)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    Amazing what a difference there is between antlers. I've definitely had some way better than others. I know a lot of people don't like the split, but my DAWGS love the split..it's all about the marrow..! Glad you found some you like! Errrrrr Tuni likes!
    !! We bought an elk antler than Remi pretty much ignores. I'm definitely going to give this a try - thanks, @mdn525!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads