Nope, you get granddogs...

arimaeis

Aug 14, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ms. Piggy
I'm 28.

My mother has been on the "when am I going to have grandchildren" kick lately. I'm not interested in having children now, and honestly I doubt I will. It's just not a interest for me and she's kinda known that for years but likes to bring it up at least once a month.

So when mom started drilling me again this afternoon I finally came up with a response that left her speechless. >.<

I told her...

You have three granddogs. Your oldest one is well behaved, well trained and is excelling in all of his studies working towards being a therapy dog. (Gabe, my big baby)

Your middle granddog is going through a phase where she is a little under confident in herself and we have to reassure her that she's okay . (Bella, our middle, always needy child)

Then there is Piggy, your youngest and newest granddog. Who much like a real child needs her face and eyes washed daily. She needs help brushing her teeth, daily. She needs help putting on her sweater when she gets cold. We get to treat the equivalent to diaper rash (her tail pocket is a wee bit irritated) and make sure she doesn't eat her food to fast. Meanwhile much like a human toddler she thinks everything in the house belongs to her.

But just like with real children I love every minute I get with them.

I don't think you'll be getting real grand children anytime soon.

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
That is so sweet!!! My friends mom does her the same way and she explained it almost the same way. I think your fur-kids are darling and that u guys are GREAT PARENTS!!!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I got my mother-in-law this t-shirt.
She doesn't question it anymore.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
[MENTION=1042]arimaeis[/MENTION]

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
lol. I'm nearing the big 3-0! My mom doesn't bug me, in fact, she likes playing with Stig. My bf's mom, on the other hand, initially bugged me when we moved into our townhouse. But she doesn't like to visit anymore because she doesn't like dogs. lol. How can someone not like bullies ... they're almost like people!? <o

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
"How can someone not like bullies ... they're almost like people!? <o "

Inferiority Complex?? ;)

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
LOL..Oh my. But seriously..my Mom has dozens of grandchildren.. and she wants me to make a copy of Chester in his pirate outfit so she can show people.. she didn't ask me for a photo of my girls EVER in their halloween costumes!! :lol:

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
lol. I'm nearing the big 3-0! My mom doesn't bug me, in fact, she likes playing with Stig. My bf's mom, on the other hand, initially bugged me when we moved into our townhouse. But she doesn't like to visit anymore because she doesn't like dogs. lol. How can someone not like bullies ... they're almost like people!? <o
My mom is total opposite Mr.Beefy is the only dog in my house she likes lol. She said he reminds her of our "papa".

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
wow my family is totally opposite they havent ever asked if we are goin to have kids the one question they ask is when are yall gonna get MARRIED!!!!

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Shoot I was getting that year after year. Then when my father in law started to get sick, he was on us about it and at the time we were ready. If we weren't I don't think we would have had a baby yet.

Hubby and me have had 3 dogs including Bear together. My family knows they are like my kids too and they are treated as such.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
That is funny, good for you to know what you want. :) We waited a looonng time to have kids also (had my first daughter at 34) and we enjoyed all the years before like crazy. Now tho having enjoyed her so much I wish we would have had her earlier, it really is amazing when they are your own. I had heard that for years and you dont understand it until it happens I guess. Dogs do make great kids too tho. :D

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.