Trupanion - Change to Plans (Core includes hip dysplasia)

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
Hey Everyone,

I got an email from Trupanion saying my current plan is being enhanced and will now include Hip dysplasia in the core plan with a more comprehensive Rider 'A' package.

I believe I only had the optional insurance becuase of hip dysplasia so before I modify to the core plan would you pay the extra $13 per month for the following :

Rider A - Additional Care Package
When you add this optional package to your core policy you are covered for all the services your veterinarian recommends, including the following 17 treatments:
Acupuncture
Behavioral modification
Bone marrow transplants
Chiropractic
Colloidal silver treatment
Gold seed therapy
Herbal therapy
Homeopathy
Hydrotherapy

Hyperbaric oxygen therapy
Kidney transplants
Naturopathy
Physical and rehabilitative therapy
Platelet rich plasma injection
Polyethylene glycol medication
Shockwave therapy
Stem cell therapy

Looking forward to your replys, If I do not go for the new Rider A package my rates would be $49.95 per month with a $400 deductable for those of you that are interested. If I went with the above Rider 'A' it would be $62.95 @ 400 deductable.

NOTE : Previously to the inquiry I had Kain registered as a "BullDog" and since the call I received an email saying the breed has been adjusted to "American Bulldog" as the previous generic name may have been removed and they are getting back to me. Nice of them to just increase my rate by a breed change when I only called to update the neutered date on my records <sigh> Companies now adays lol.

Last edited:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
That's a lot of coverage for $13. We had a Rottie that accupuncture was so great or..and it was $60 a treatment. And at one treatment a week that gets $$$$. Like all insurance it's a crapshoot! [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] had stem cell treatment for her Bully...bet she has a thought too.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Wow... that is an impressive package. We did stem cell with Nitschke which was in two steps and ran about $2500.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Wow even has behavioral on there. Impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

kevi204

Nov 6, 2012
Virginia
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry
I see they took out "Bulldog" as a breed to choose from. I originally got the optional package since it included Hip Displaysia. Now that Hips are included in the Core plan, I have no need for the option. I ran another quote due to curiosity and it would be $5 more expensive for the core package choosing English Bulldog as the Breed. I didn't receive any email about this, i wonder what will happen at the annual renewal now.

OP
Vince00

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
My annual renewal would roll it forward as bulldog. I'm assuming they will update each record if anyone calls, I have a ticket with support but haven't heard back yet. Looks like if they manually mess with it they can't re-select it.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.